New Mods 14" Apes

The MooMan

Jun 7, 2012
I just installed new 14" apes, I was riding with the standard bars all season, was experiencing right elbow discomfort, changed out the bars... I was very leary at first about how the bars would handle but I quickly grew to them and how it has changed my riding posture, It didnt take long to get used to my new bars and the elbow discomfort is history.

Attachments

• DSC_2201.jpg
    DSC_2201.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_2207.jpg
    DSC_2207.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
Very nice. Did you do the work or did you have it done? I ask because I'm thinking about doing 13" minis on mine and I'll have to change the cables and wires. I can do it but I'm curious to know if there are any surprizes?

Thanks!

Thanks DP G3 Truks for the compliment, I had the bars put on at the dealership I know that the shopping list was more to what I was expected, I let the pros do this one! LOL! As much as I wish I had the time and tools, I felt that it was a little to involve for me.... Wish I was more helpful.... All I can say is that you are on the right track with planning if your doing it your self.... Cheers

Awesome looking bars. I'm looking at doing the 14" apes early next year when my bike is paid off. I too am having elbow discomfort when I take long trips. Very clean looking bars and you bike looks amazing.

Thanks Smitty, I'm really happy with them and they were fitted to me. Can hardly wait till next summer to really start enjoying them!... I'm sure you will like the bars too! Cheers....

Very nice. Did you do the work or did you have it done? I ask because I'm thinking about doing 13" minis on mine and I'll have to change the cables and wires. I can do it but I'm curious to know if there are any surprizes?

Thanks!

13's you should be ok on wires but will need cables I did 12 bagger nation monkey bars and had to go +6 on the brake and clutch cables.

The bars look great, I was hopping that I would find someone that had installed 14" bars on their Street Glide. I will be picking up a new Street Glide in a few months and 14" bars are going to be my first mod to the bike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469