New to HD

Sinstarr

Nov 4, 2017
Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I am rickey and just purchased my first Harley. A 2017 Laguna Orange SGS. I have 25 years riding experience, mostly on sport bikes, with a short racing career. Made the decision to get back on the street, so here I am.

I wanted to thank everyone for all their knowledgeable posts, as I have been busy searching all of them.

After much internal struggle I settled on a stage II with the torque cam, rinehart 4" exhaust and the screaming eagle turner and AF.

Now it's going to be a long winter here in Alaska as I wait for the first hint of spring to get out and ride.

As for the PTD deal I got, since everyone always wants to know this. $22399, I know I could have gotten it cheaper other places however I would have had to have it shipped to Alaska which would result in no savings. The salesman and sales manager where amazing! The parts manager is a joke! He would only do 10% off parts at the time of the purchase. I showed him several places that advertise 20% off and free shipping, and they didn't require me to buy a bike to get it either. So I will be buying my parts and shipping them up!

Well thanks for having me and I look forward to participating in this great forum.

Welcome to the forum. you bought pretty well exactly the same bike I did, along with the cam.

How many HOG groups in Alaska? Check with them, the HOG group I belong to has a deal where we get 15% off parts, 20% motorclothes all the time. The other HOG group in town has a once a month 20% off deal. Even if it's a dealer a ways away from you, it'd be cheaper shipping within Alaska than having parts shipped in I'd think. Unless the freight isn't too bad from some of the big online HD shops. I'm in Canada, so I cannot buy from them, but you should be able to. Some of their prices are killer.

Welcome in from Kentucky - Don't worry about the savings, these people will talk you into spending more than you would ever dream!! Enjoy -

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith