Oil leak before first payment

Quik

Oct 6, 2016
Was in the garage looking at my bike and noticed oil on the floor. A few four letter words later I got under the bike looking, oil all on the bottom of bike, I can see where its coming from, its on the right side, its a line running from the motor to the oil cooler. This line has a rinky dink spring clip holding it on, why would anyone put a clip like that holding an oil line on! I have an appointment for my 1000 mile break in service tomorrow. Haven't even made the first payment, soooooo frustrating on a 25k motorcycle:mad::mad::mad:

Was in the garage looking at my bike and noticed oil on the floor. A few four letter words later I got under the bike looking, oil all on the bottom of bike, I can see where its coming from, its on the right side, its a line running from the motor to the oil cooler. This line has a rinky dink spring clip holding it on, why would anyone put a clip like that holding an oil line on! I have an appointment for my 1000 mile break in service tomorrow. Haven't even made the first payment, soooooo frustrating on a 25k motorcycle:mad::mad::mad:
Sorry to hear Quick! Is this on a 2017?

Well, look at the bright side... if it's just an oil cooler line- should be an easy fix.:)

Be sure to let us know what the dealer said and what there fix is for it , should be a simple fix!!

Took it in today and they did the 1000 mile break in service and replaced an o-ring and put another spring clip on the line, not leaking so hopefully they took care of. I asked the dealer why a hose clamp would not be on an oil line and they said "yeah seems like it should be" however they did not put one on, go figure.

Mine was doing the same thing I put a worm clamp on it so far so good !

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My 17 street glide special leaked in the same spot they said it was the oil cooler check valve and the crank sensor o-ring they replaced the o-ring and had to go back 5 days latter when the check valve came in .It started leaking worse after the o=ring took it back for the check vale and haven't seen a drop of oil since . I thought it was the oil cooler line as well it hooks directly to the check valve . Mine had 610 or so miles on it when it started leaking got 920 now so far so good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith