Oil spray

rcpd34

Apr 28, 2017
I've noticed some oil sprayed on the right side cover and saddlebag front on my '17 SGS. The first time I saw it I thought I may have ridden through something and wiped it off. The second time I got suspicious and now the third, I'm pissed. Don't see where it's coming from and I already had it in for the recall check and they said it was fine. 665 miles on the clock. Dealer closed til Tuesday. Anyone else experience this?

IMG_2482.jpgIMG_2484.jpg

I actually had this on right after my service it was residual oil from where they spilled some I guess lmao BUT I wiped it and looked again nothing maybe you should grab a flashlight and go over your bike front to back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thos sounds like oil blowby from the breather bolts venting into the air cleaner. This has been a problem for me on my '15 SGS from the jump. It is also a problem that I noticed on my brother's '17 CVO. What happens is, over time, the oil mist saturates the air filter and blows out into a fine mist onto the header, side cover and saddlebag. The only way to prevent this is to install a catch can on your bike, so that the oil can run into the tank and be dumped periodically.

the only way to prevent this is to check oil level as per the manual specs. Then if you want to install an ebs with a catch can is only good imho

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI NXT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

Try filling the engine oil 1/2 qt lower, it works for me. 4 qts instead of 4.5.

I have a 17 Ultra doing the same thing as we speak its in the shop, they assure me that replacing the oil pump will fix the problem as its under warranty I said have at it LOl will keep you guys advised.

My brothers 18 was doing the same thing,he took off the air cleaner and found oil leaking from one of the hoses to the breather bolt,secured it with a zip tie and been good since.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allhistory