on line source for prescription riding/sun glasses

flatlander

Apr 8, 2014
Who has a good source for stylish inexpensive (if there is such a thing) riding/sun glasses that can be ordered on line with my prescription ?
All the ones I am finding are around $400 +/-

Check these guys out. I never used them before but ive heard good things http://riderseye.com/

Charcoal pearl,4"jackpot,decat head pipe,tuner,21" Costal moto rim,chopped tour pak,Rockford amp and speaker upgrade. SE stage 1.

You can get good safety glasses with perscription lenes... though I don't know how much they would cost.. try www.Fullsource.com. I have riding glasses that I love... I got them there for $9.25 Crews Reapers....

RP212AF-A_250x0.jpg

I have all three pair... Black, Red Fire, and Mirror .... mirrors are indoor/outdoor and work great at night... They come with head straps ( I don't use them ) and removeable vented foam inserts.

Proof in the wife takin a selfy on the sled... lol!

DSC03961.jpg

Last edited:
pappabear
Thats one of the sites I've been looking at the prices go up fast when you start adding on the prescription etc.

Spazz
I'm not seeing how/where you can order them with a prescription.

You can get good safety glasses with perscription lenes... though I don't know how much they would cost.. try www.Fullsource.com. I have riding glasses that I love... I got them there for $9.25 Crews Reapers....

RP212AF-A_250x0.jpg

I have all three pair... Black, Red Fire, and Mirror .... mirrors are indoor/outdoor and work great at night... They come with head straps ( I don't use them ) and removeable vented foam inserts.

Proof in the wife takin a selfy on the sled... lol!

i went with Wiley X. Yes they are pricey but consider how much its going to cost when that rock blasts thru the cheap pair and now you've lost an eye.

What ever you go with make sure the lens are ballistic grade. regular safety glasses won't protect from a 90+ mph rock.

My best accessory for riding was getting Lasik. Cost some bucks 10 yrs ago, but it was money well spent. No more lost expensive lenses... Set of glasses blows off your head while riding? Stop at the Quickymart and for $5 you have a another set and you don't have to ride by the braille method.

Got these off amazon, and took the insert too my local eye doc.... Cost about 100 bucks
7avupeqy.jpg

Charcoal pearl,4"jackpot,decat head pipe,tuner,21" Costal moto rim,chopped tour pak,Rockford amp and speaker upgrade. SE stage 1.

Lenscrafters sells Oakley's but yea you going to pay $300-$400 for prescriptions.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

If your buying oakleys make sure they are I'm their active line. I almost had a pair of there lifestyle line blow off my face.

Sent from the mobile leash

This is something else to consider: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/3-4-helmet-with-shield

Pros

- Use your current glasses, don't have to buy new MC glasses if your prescription changes
- While $160 may be pricey for a helmet, it is cheaper than the quality prescription MC glasses
- This helmet is really nice - comes with slide down/pop up sun visor
- 3/4 helmet shields wind from ears making for a very comfortable ride at higher speeds (reduced wind effect and no glasses shake)
- 3/4 helmet works great with wireless intercom or wireless headset for use with GPS

Cons

- Takes some getting used to if you are used to no helmet or half helmet (my situation)
- Makes it harder to hear stereo without piping through headset (illegal to listen to stereo in headsets in some states, like mine) I have just the GPS redirecting to wireless headset
- it does require glasses with thinner, flexible arms, both those seem pretty common

I have this helmet and love it when I need a 3/4 type for long trips or weather. In my state it's illegal not to wear a helmet but you can listen to head phone-earplugs. I use my LG730 Blue tooth earbuds with it on and no problems. J&M sell this same model WITH headset built in. I'd give it 5 stars.

I've got Wiley X prescription riding glasses with transition lenses. They are nice and dark in bright sunlight and that, combined with the foam inserts, greatly reduces any eye fatigue. Great protection from bugs, grit, etc. And yeah, while they are not cheap my last pair lasted 5 riding seasons (no prescription change either) so when you consider that, it's less than a hundred bucks a year for top quality performance. Seems reasonable to me.

on line source for prescription riding/sun glasses

I ordered a pair that are aluminum frames and can be made into prescription
sun/riding glasses.
I received them today but didn't have the lenses done yet I wanted to make sure I liked them before spending the extra $$$.
I do like them and they keep the wind out about as well as my other riding glasses with the soft foam around eyes.
They are called Rocket Fuel for $39.99 and free shipping.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406421290.945007.jpg

Get on your bad motor scooter and ride

Flatlander. Those are cool!! Can you post a link from where u ordered them from?

http://www.oakleysi.com/
Check these folks out. if you are government or vet you can get serious discounts, just take time to set up account. dd214 or current gov email will do it. if using dd214 black out PID.

Check these guys out. I never used them before but ive heard good things http://riderseye.com/

I know this is old, but I actually have a pair from these guys, great customer service. I accidentally put a + instead of a - on one side of my lenses, so they called me to make sure that it was right before they started on my order. Glad they did, otherwise I would be half blind every time I went for a ride.

The quality is definitely A+. I've had them for about a year now with relatively regular riding, and they still look like they're almost brand new.With single vision prescription, tint, and mirror coating, my entire pair came out to around $150. Sure beats the $400 price tag of some of those other guys.

Like I said, I know this is a little older of a thread, but hopefully this will help out someone else who's looking for some Rx riding shades.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469