Optional Tire and Wheel Coverage

DebbieW

May 17, 2016
I had purchased this coverage when I bought my Street Glide. It came in handy since I recently had a nail in the tire. I was charged a $50 deductible. Some say this is not supposed to have a deductible and some say there is one.

Anyone know if the dealer is correct that there is a $50 deductible? Still happy I have the coverage but was curious. Tried to call Harley corporate and after going through the phone menu, finally got a message to call the local dealer with questions.

Yep 50 buck deductable.....per visit. Not per item. One item 50 bucks have them do 3 or 4 things at the same time still 50 bucks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It is an option of your larger warranty contract so the main contract rules apply.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just remember, they won't cover body damage. So if you hit a pothole like I did that dings up your fender in addition to bending your front rim, the fender is not covered. Other than that, its a great addition to have.

It is a must for me - My 2014 SGS and I hit a pallet on the interstate at 80, They replaced the Rim, Tire, Bearings, rotor bolts, check the fork seals etc... all for the 50 bucks. (This is not warranty, it wheel and tire coverage that can be a part of your ESP like GAP insurance). I had about 5800 miles.
on my 2017 CVO with 600 miles, I hit a bridge seam that was just milled, got a new rim and tire, you guessed it 50.00 bucks.

Both of these incidents cost more than I negotiated my ESP down to at the time of purchase. I hope you never need it but I say its worth it.

It is a must for me - My 2014 SGS and I hit a pallet on the interstate at 80, They replaced the Rim, Tire, Bearings, rotor bolts, check the fork seals etc... all for the 50 bucks. (This is not warranty, it wheel and tire coverage that can be a part of your ESP like GAP insurance). I had about 5800 miles.
on my 2017 CVO with 600 miles, I hit a bridge seam that was just milled, got a new rim and tire, you guessed it 50.00 bucks.

Both of these incidents cost more than I negotiated my ESP down to at the time of purchase. I hope you never need it but I say its worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith