performance cams

TKC

Mar 27, 2017
I've been eyeing the vance and hines .575 cam set and was wondering if anyone here has run these cams and what their experience was with them....or any of the performance cams on the market presently for that matter .... I appreciate all input..

I love my Wood 777 cams. They sound great and perform extremely well in my 107 motor. They lift is .575 and they really shine from 3000 to the 6200 rev limit. Here's a short video of the idle which is set at 960 via my Thundermax tuner. I have had the idle set as low as 840 and the lope was even more noticeable.

https://youtu.be/jqtpgvD-n7c

Last edited:
I've been eyeing the vance and hines .575 cam set and was wondering if anyone here has run these cams and what their experience was with them....or any of the performance cams on the market presently for that matter .... I appreciate all input..

That cam looks good. I use the H-D 259E which is similar and runs great too. Wood 777 is nice also. I like to use H-D files to baseline my tuning so I will always pick an H-D cam.

performance cams

I'm running the V&H575 cam. I think it is a good cam. Currently in a 110" tire shredder kit instead 259e cam. Shreds tires! Need a dyno tune still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Performance cams

Performance cams

TKC,
I run the TTS-100 cams in my 15 103 SGS. Very happy with them come on at 1800-2000 and run right up to the cut off by the electronics. Good low end torque especially when riding 2 up.

The only comment i would make on them is it takes an adjustment from stock as below 1700-1800 rpm they don't like it much they seem to like but are very happy cams above that.

Thanks
Greg

I"ve been looking at cams myself and am suffering from paralysis from analysis!! I've looked at Woods, S&S, Vance & Hines, and Screaming Eagle. The more I look the confuseder I get. I don't want to make monster horsepower, just more torque low and mid-range. Most of my riding is cruising in the 2200-2800 RPM Range, but when I twist the throttle I want to feel the power. Considering the Woods 555, the S&S 551, but then I start looking at the woods 777, and the Vance & Hines as well. Bikes got about 12K miles on it, so I'm assuming replacing the lifters and installing the S&S quickie push rods. Any direction and or advise may help.

Thanks and ride safe!! :cool::cool:

Careful, if you are not going to increase compression ratio, do not select a high performance cam. H-D has a new SE 585 that will work for you.

SE-585

Thanks Hulkss, I was actually looking at that one really strong as well. I was hoping someone could give me some insight on the SE585.

Wow, those are impressive numbers!! The Harley web site says you have to change valve springs, yet others say no with this cam. Harley also calls for a 58mm throttle body, is that the stock size?? If I can run stock springs, I think I'll chose the SE 585. Thanks!!

I just completed the install of SE585 on my 14. Installed the HD high lift springs. So far so good, just under 100 miles. This weekend I'll get some break in miles on it. Only issue I had was with the speedo. Reading was 4-5'X actual road speed, had issues with turn signals not cancelling. Thought immediately it was the VSS, plunked down for a new one, yanked the starter, but not the problem.
I'm using the FP3, so got online with V&H. They made a map correction, problem solved.
Don't want to jinx it, but for what it is, the cam change seems exactly what I was looking for. I ride a couple of 5k mi trips yearly, usually two-up, fully loaded, wanted some more grunt in the cruising range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dang Spoke, yep, that's what I'm looking for, more grunt in the cruising range. I read you have to change pushrods as well and go to a +.030 rod. The base circle is actually smaller on the SE585. I was planning on completing the job myself. Now I'm wondering if I would be better served just taking it to the dealer to have it done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067