Phone compartment on the SGS

Pakman67

Jun 2, 2020
Ok, I’m a new guy here so be gentle. Can some of you post a few pictures on how your phone plugs into the usb and then somehow fits in that little door. Do you use a stubby plug and force it in? I owned a 2017 SGS and gave up trying to figure it out. Just got a 2020 and really want to use the Android Auto or maybe even charge my phone now and then (rather no phone mount on bars). Thanks!

What phone are you trying to stuff in there? I’ll try and snap a pic in the morning of my iPhone XR. I have the Quadlock case in it as that is what I use on my Ducati. The truck I found was to insert the phone into the glove box with the connector end in first. I also angle it towards the right. It just barely fits and can take a bit of doing to get the door closed but I get it done.

Ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Samsung S9. Can’t understand how a phone that’s plugged in can even fit in there. Is there a stubby cable meant for the phone to plug into the usb? I’m considering removing the foam insert to see if that helps.

I shaved the foam insert and found a stubby USB cable that works fine for me, otherwise my door will not close. I have a case on the iPhone 6 too. Cable connector maybe a inch or so.

I suggest Top Shelf saddle bag organizer with the addition of the foam they also carry.
It also has a spot to add a charger in the bottom of the tray.
I have my phone, clear glasses for night and keys in mine.
4a61075ee4d984bad22b2418d2888440.jpg

Phone compartment

Phone compartment

I suggest Top Shelf saddle bag organizer with the addition of the foam they also carry.
It also has a spot to add a charger in the bottom of the tray.
I have my phone, clear glasses for night and keys in mine.
4a61075ee4d984bad22b2418d2888440.jpg

Pretty cool but I’m trying to use the usb in the front compartment because of the Android Auto. Thanks!

The very first thing I do when I get a SG is THROW away the foam insert, it's useless! I lined mine with an adhesive 1/16 in foam sheet and can put my billfold and iPhone in there together.
My post from 4 years ago:
Guys, Have you noticed the foam rubber filler slot in the media compartment is way too thin to comfortably get your phone in and out of???
I pulled mine out and used it as a template with some black 1/16 thick adhesive backed neoprene sheeting and replace it in the compartment. Now its wide enough for phone or billfold or sunglasses and, it only cost me about $6. I found it at a crafts store.

BB14.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77