Progressive 944 shocks

backtrax

Oct 13, 2015
Thinking about putting on the Progressive 944 shocks on my 2011 Street Glide. Does the kick stand need to be changed out?

How do you like those 944 shocks and did you go with heavy duty springs?

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Haven't gotten them yet. Ordered today. Will do a follow up post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I thought Mandrew had them on his, but yes a review would be nice, I'm leaning towards them myself or the Ohlins shocks.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Note- I had the 944 ultra low shocks- so, with the 11.5 inch shock there are going to be obvious differences from the regular, inch higher shocks.

I had the 944 low shocks on my bike. For me, even at a half-inch shorter than stock, the shocks were an improvement over the stock SGS hand-adjustable shocks.
However, a buddy of mine, who occassionally rides two-up called progressive to get their advice. Progressive advised him that he would find the regular and the HD options on the 944 Low, simply too uncomfortable because of the reduced bottom end travel. The regular (not low) version would have been good for his weight and riding style, but would not have solved his vertical reach challenge.

If you are on the fence, I recommend calling Progressive directly. Tell them what you are looking to purchase, tell them what you are hoping to get out of the shocks, and explain your riding requirements (light-weight rider, often two-up, etc). They were very helpful when I made my purhase, and they were completely honest and transperant when my buddy called (even though it cost them a sale).
They don't sell direct to the public so you don't need to worry about getting hooked in to a sales pitch on the spot.
Good luck.

I have the 444s and hate them. They are too stiff for solo (I am 180) and are only slightly better than the stock air ride 2up. I will be replacing them with ohlins before spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok here the update. Shocks installed and it definitely lowered me at least an inch if not more. Knees are bent and flat-footed. Much more confident with the bike. The ride was as good if not a little better that what I had on there which was the stock air shocks. I felt a little more dampening on some bumps. So so far, I give it a thumbs up.

Ok here the update. Shocks installed and it definitely lowered me at least an inch if not more. Knees are bent and flat-footed. Much more confident with the bike. The ride was as good if not a little better that what I had on there which was the stock air shocks. I felt a little more dampening on some bumps. So so far, I give it a thumbs up.

Did you get the heavy duty or regular springs and the low or the touring?
I have read a lot of bad things about these shocks so wasn't expecting a good review from you :).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith