Python Rayzer 2 into 1 exhaust

Cdb370Z...
Dynamometer tuning is certainly NOT "required", First, it is really ALL ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL CHOICES, the DEEPNESS of YOUR POCKETS, and, of course your dedication & willingness to extracting every single bit of power from the performance parts you have chosen in combination with your 103" motor. There actually are some very capable AUTO TUNERS on the market which allow YOU , the owner/rider, to tune your own Fuel Injection parameters and ECM. I personally wanted a dynamometer tune as I know for an absolute fact that NO AUTO TUNE can get me to where a COMPETENT, CREDENTIALED, EXPERIENCED, PROFESSIONAL Chassis Dynamometer operator/tuner can get me. That is just a FACT. Both of my last two H-D's have been tuned on a dyno. NOT CHEAP, but again, it is a personal choice. If you choose an auto tuner, you will still get your F.I. and ECM pretty much dialed in. It is sometimes a slow process, that requires some patience and understanding, but the AUTO TUNE market has improved greatly, and MOST users are satisfied with what they get after the "auto tune process". I wanted my bike's to be tuned to the "n'th" degree, and I wanted it done right. **I actually plan on trailering my bike BACK to my DYNO TUNER in a month or two, who is 300 miles from my home, after I get my cylinder heads back from the porting service, and I get the "matching" cam set I've ordered. He has already told me that I can expect to get around 105 HP & 120 TQ from my new additions (It's the TORQUE that pulls you down the road, as quickly as you're asking for, and the H-P that takes over after the Torque says, "YOUR TURN!" & the HP helps you get to point B)... I know he will get every ounce of power and torque out of it. But, again, it AIN'T CHEAP.
As with anything you do to your motorcycle, finding a COMPETENT, CREDENTIALED, PROVEN & EXPERIENCED Dynamometer operator can be a daunting task. Just because someone, or a H-D dealer has the cash to plunk down on a $60,000 to $70,000 DynoJet dynamometer, doesn't mean they REALLY KNOW THEIR STUFF. A four hour class and watching 2 YouTube videos doesn't automatically make you a professional.

If you go the dyno route, do LOT'S-O-RESEARCH. If you're not willing to do that, just buy one of the AUTO-TUNERS on the market and have fun. ....but to answer the simple portion of your question... you DO, absolutely have to TUNE IT with the exhaust and intake you have chosen to add. If you don't, you will not be happy with the performance, and it MAY even make your bike perform WORSE THAN STOCK.

Also wanted to let you know that my bike is currently in the shop getting the above mentioned upgrades. I went back after your comment and let the guys know that I would like to get the dyno tune as well. I didn't want to take the chance of the bike performing worse than when I brought it to the shop. I will be getting readouts prior and post dyno. THANKS AGAIN!

Instagram: chris_24v

Just make sure your DYNO TECHNICIAN has decent credentials at the very least. I've heard a lot of NOT SO GOOD results from "some" Harley dealers letting unqualified but classroom certified dyno operators tune customers bikes. They caused his bike to run way too rich and it kept stalling. They had entered totally wrong info on the dynamometer's computer which negatively affected his fuel delivery settings & AFR. He ended up taking it to a shop with a qualified operator to get it fixed. He wasn't happy.
Use caution

Just make sure your DYNO TECHNICIAN has decent credentials at the very least. I've heard a lot of NOT SO GOOD results from "some" Harley dealers letting unqualified but classroom certified dyno operators tune customers bikes. They caused his bike to run way too rich and it kept stalling. They had entered totally wrong info on the dynamometer's computer which negatively affected his fuel delivery settings & AFR. He ended up taking it to a shop with a qualified operator to get it fixed. He wasn't happy.
Use caution

Preciate that. If it doesn't run right it'll be back down there until it does. I think the readouts will be good enough proof.

Got the intake and exhaust installed!

a4ef96e91562a3804e02c17e62b5dc75.jpg

d50aee8447c0b017aaaac1120b49738b.jpg

ecff75cae9b5796b28241701eeca0a5a.jpg

Any chance you have more riding videos of this exhaust??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also did you see in an increase or decrease in performance? I'm getting a lot of mixed answers on this.

Also did you see in an increase or decrease in performance? I'm getting a lot of mixed answers on this.

I don't have any videos, but there was a noticable seat-of-the pants increase between the V&H Slash Ovals and the Rayzer.

bike6.jpg

Cdb370z - did you go with this setup? how do you like it? maybe you can post a couple of the chrome. I love the look and are curious what your setup entailed.

Got a great deal from Jeff at Coastal Moto on the pipe and tuner...hit him up on here.

I went to Coastal Moto website but looks as either website is not done or no info for exhaust.....??? Will send email to find out what kind of a deal he can do.....

Question, I am thinking about getting stretched bags and can't seem to find any that cutout for exhaust flows even for 2 to 1 exhaust so been looking at setup like yours. Does it provide same or better performance as V&H 2 to 1 exhaust? Also you mentioned V&H gave you #'s to enter for FP3, any flat spot or hesitation of any kind at any RPM?

It looks great to say the least!

Thanks!

Both bikes pics have crash bar removed, it that necessary to install this exhaust?

Nevermind, I saw pics of cdbl370z's bike still has crash bar on.....NICE!

Last edited:
I went to Coastal Moto website but looks as either website is not done or no info for exhaust.....??? Will send email to find out what kind of a deal he can do.....

Question, I am thinking about getting stretched bags and can't seem to find any that cutout for exhaust flows even for 2 to 1 exhaust so been looking at setup like yours. Does it provide same or better performance as V&H 2 to 1 exhaust? Also you mentioned V&H gave you #'s to enter for FP3, any flat spot or hesitation of any kind at any RPM?

It looks great to say the least!

Thanks!

I never used the V&H 2-1, so I honestly don't have a clue about the difference between the two...I like the look of this setup better. I got the numbers for the FuelPak, not the FP3 being mine is a 2009...but I have had no issues with flat spots or hesitation with what I'm running. Hope that helps!!

Thanks Cdl370z....much appreciate the input.

Has anyone using Freedom Performance Turnout exhaust? If so any input is greatly appreciated.

82-00510.jpg

I don't have any videos at this time but can make more. Seen a huge increase in throttle response and noticed minor increases in performance. You typically won't see noticeable increases with exhaust intake and tuner. I recommend the setup for the person who doesn't plan on making long trips on this bike. Anything over 5 hours, you better plan on ear plugs. I did a 9 hour trip and while it was doable I also regret not having the ear plugs. A full face helmet would've sufficed though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Both bikes pics have crash bar removed, it that necessary to install this exhaust?

Nevermind, I saw pics of cdbl370z's bike still has crash bar on.....NICE!
Yeah I took mine off because I like the naked look. Still use on trips though. Thanks !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Does the python Rayzor exhaust damage the paint on bags at all? Blacken the color? My streetglide is white. Thanks all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave