Radio Cuts in and out

10-64

Apr 14, 2019
From time to time I notice my Boombox Radio Cuts in and out.

Doesn't matter whether I'm listening to Sirius Satellite, FM or even AM radio. The music cuts out for a second or two, then returns to normal. A few minutes later it will do it again.

I used to think it was something to do with my Android phone being Bluetoothed to the Boombox and that I might be getting a notification coming across on my phone.
I also installed the WHIM last year but it was even doing it before then.

I've even turned the phone off when riding and listening to the radio and it will still cut out from time to time.

I have read on this forum in the past of others having this issue and just wondered what the remedy was. I haven't talked to the dealer about it yet and I do have the extended warranty but I am expecting that they will try to drop this like a hot potato rather than replace the radio.

Just today I decided to do an audio recording while listening to the radio and in a matter of 3 minutes it cut out four or five times.

Any ideas? Assuming all the radio connections are secure behind the fairing, because this is being ongoing off and on for quite a while

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

hmmm I'm seem to recall mine doing this back in the day.
It was something to do with notifications from the navigation, but the volume wasn't turned up for turn-by-turn and so it appeared to 'cut out' the audio I was listening to

there are separate volumes for the different sources in your on screen settings I seem to recall.
You can easily knock this setting down when the notification occurs, I was forever doing it and creating the music cut-out effect

Your Mileage May Vary

Yes, may be GPS notifications. Check you routing on your audio, make sure it’s all setup to route to your speakers and not headphones.
But I'm not using GPS for directions anywhere.
Just riding along, listening to either Sirius XM, or FM radio. I believe it even did it if I was listening to music that was plugged into the flash drive

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
properMisfit