Rear Suspension for my 21 S-G?

Harley Chris

Jul 30, 2021
Hi - I have a 21 Street Glide with the Touring Pack. I almost always ride with a passenger. My girl and I are average height and weight. The H-D shocks ride hard... WAY harder than my previous 18 Road King. We hit bumps hard. I don't want to waste money changing the suspension if what I really need is a different bike. Is it worth a try? Also, I like the current seat height. Advice?

Hi - I have a 21 Street Glide with the Touring Pack. I almost always ride with a passenger. My girl and I are average height and weight. The H-D shocks ride hard... WAY harder than my previous 18 Road King. We hit bumps hard. I don't want to waste money changing the suspension if what I really need is a different bike. Is it worth a try? Also, I like the current seat height. Advice?

Replacing the exhaust and the shocks are typically the first go-to upgrades for folks since the OE systems stink to put it mildly. I highly recommend going that route way before replacing the bike since the shocks are the biggest issue causing the harsh ride.

Hope this helps!!

LT :0)

Did you try adjusting the shocks? You have to remove the left bag I believe and dial the shocks to different levels. Check you book
For riding levels.

Absolutely a horrible ride on stock shocks. Regardless of settings. Any potholes hit sends a jolt to the wife’s neck. Will be watching for upgrade options that help smooth out the ride on bumpy roads.

Yep...
Ironic that the very first motorcycle I ever upgraded the shocks on is also the very first touring bike I ever owned...

Absolutely a horrible ride on stock shocks. Regardless of settings. Any potholes hit sends a jolt to the wife’s neck. Will be watching for upgrade options that help smooth out the ride on bumpy roads.

I highly recommend taking a look at the Legend Suspension REVO line of shocks. They are available in types (a non-adjustable, adjustable as well as adjustable remote reservoir kits) all of which are MUCH better than OE.

Hope this helps!

Lindsey :0)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IRist