Recommendation on Bag for AirWing 2UP Rack

kcnal

Jul 14, 2017
HI all.

I have an 2UP Air Wing luggage rack. I was looking for some recommendations from folks who have this rack for a sissy bar bag (I'm a light packer) for a ~3day trip. Any positive experiences?

Thanks!

I use the HD Overnight bag as shown in the pictures. $150 at your HD dealer. I consider it my tour pack and keep it on the bike most of the time. It's handy for a quick trip to the store, an all day ride, or an overnighter. Holds two helmets and rain suits. I made mine more rigid by cutting a piece of 3/4" plywood to fit the dropped down part of the rack and the width of the bag. I covered the plywood in black heavy duty material that is similar to the HD Overnight bag wraping and stapling the material to the wood on the side that meets the bottom of the bag. I then screwed from the inside of the bag to the plywood Using wood screws and finish washers. To finish the inside I cut a black carpet square to size and lined the bottom of the bag. You can see it on the picture.
My friend uses the Day bag ($ 110 from HD) that looks identical but is one size smaller and fits into the lowered portion of the rack but does not hold as much stuff. Both bags look nice on the bike.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I use the HD Overnight bag as shown in the pictures. $150 at your HD dealer. I consider it my tour pack and keep it on the bike most of the time. It's handy for a quick trip to the store, an all day ride, or an overnighter. Holds two helmets and rain suits. I made mine more rigid by cutting a piece of 3/4" plywood to fit the dropped down part of the rack and the width of the bag. I covered the plywood in black heavy duty material that is similar to the HD Overnight bag wraping and stapling the material to the wood on the side that meets the bottom of the bag. I then screwed from the inside of the bag to the plywood Using wood screws and finish washers. To finish the inside I cut a black carpet square to size and lined the bottom of the bag. You can see it on the picture.
My friend uses the Day bag ($ 110 from HD) that looks identical but is one size smaller and fits into the lowered portion of the rack but does not hold as much stuff. Both bags look nice on the bike.

View attachment 14102

View attachment 14103

View attachment 14104

Blues..Thanks for the reply. That's what I ended up going with. Good input on the stiffening of the bag. I'll look into that.

What antenna is that you have in the photo?

I use the Iron rider bags from Dowco and they are really good if you have any issues. Lost a zipper pull and they sent me a whole new large bag. Have 2 large bags and a small one for travel when I don't have the tour pack on.

Blues..Thanks for the reply. That's what I ended up going with. Good input on the stiffening of the bag. I'll look into that.

What antenna is that you have in the photo?

Glad that bag worked for you kcnal.
My antenna is the HD Shorty replacement. About $25 from my dealer. I modified the stock oem whip antenna mount by slightly bending the tab that contacts the frame and acts like a stop which then lowered the angle of the antenna. The mount bracket can be accessed by removing the saddle bag and is also shown in the picture. The picture shows the stock whip in position compared to the lower position of the HD Shorty which I'm holding in place. The modified antenna position clears the luggage rack and travel bag by an inch or so. Radio reception seems to be about the same with either antenna.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave