Return from RFTW....the Epic Ride

Aviator5456

Nov 30, 2014
I'm taking the plunge and doing the RFTW as an FNG. I'm really jazzed about it. I'll be on the Southern Route but I've traveled the Central and Northern routes visiting family and friends and on the way back to SoCal, I'll be riding that way anyway. My return trip is being planned with a couple mandatory stops. I have about 2 weeks or so to get home, so time isn't a big issue. One of my granddaughters lives in Midland, NC and so on the way from D.C. I'm taking a deter through Mt Airy, NC to visit the Andy Griffith Museum and Mayberry. That should be cool. After I leave Midland, I'm heading to Nashville for a couple days. I have an AirBnb not far from the downtown area but actually don't know much about Nashville. I know I'm going to have a beer...or two...at the Wildhorse Saloon. After Nashville, I'm heading to Shellknob, Mo where my brother-in-law has a BnB with a Harley theme. It's an old, but not OLD, bank building he converted to a party place. It's pretty cool and if anyone ever gets to that area, hit me up and I'll give out his number for reservations. After a few days there, I'm heading to Tulsa to visit a cousin of mine. He got his first Harley last year, which I never thought he would get. After Tulsa, I'm heading up to Wichita to visit some family for a few days. Then it's off to Fort Collins, Co to visit another granddaughter. After that, I'm heading to Las Vegas....hopefully I'll still have money left after the visit with my granddaughters. After Vegas, I'm heading down to Prescott Valley to visit with an old AF buddy who just retired there...lucky bastard, lol. Then its heading out on the I40 through Barstow and then home to the Beach....If anyone has any cool, must-see places, or just wants to have a brew with me on my way through, let me know. I'm open and looking forward to my Epic Ride.....

I'm taking the plunge and doing the RFTW as an FNG. I'm really jazzed about it. I'll be on the Southern Route but I've traveled the Central and Northern routes visiting family and friends and on the way back to SoCal, I'll be riding that way anyway. My return trip is being planned with a couple mandatory stops. I have about 2 weeks or so to get home, so time isn't a big issue. One of my granddaughters lives in Midland, NC and so on the way from D.C. I'm taking a deter through Mt Airy, NC to visit the Andy Griffith Museum and Mayberry. That should be cool. After I leave Midland, I'm heading to Nashville for a couple days. I have an AirBnb not far from the downtown area but actually don't know much about Nashville. I know I'm going to have a beer...or two...at the Wildhorse Saloon. After Nashville, I'm heading to Shellknob, Mo where my brother-in-law has a BnB with a Harley theme. It's an old, but not OLD, bank building he converted to a party place. It's pretty cool and if anyone ever gets to that area, hit me up and I'll give out his number for reservations. After a few days there, I'm heading to Tulsa to visit a cousin of mine. He got his first Harley last year, which I never thought he would get. After Tulsa, I'm heading up to Wichita to visit some family for a few days. Then it's off to Fort Collins, Co to visit another granddaughter. After that, I'm heading to Las Vegas....hopefully I'll still have money left after the visit with my granddaughters. After Vegas, I'm heading down to Prescott Valley to visit with an old AF buddy who just retired there...lucky bastard, lol. Then its heading out on the I40 through Barstow and then home to the Beach....If anyone has any cool, must-see places, or just wants to have a brew with me on my way through, let me know. I'm open and looking forward to my Epic Ride.....

I did the RFTW in 2016 & 2017 Southern Route both times, I was a Tailgunner in 1st Platoon in 2017, It was a great experience. On my way back I stopped at Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, NC . worth the time, also had to ride the Dragon & the Cherohala Skyway & a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I won't be going this year but two of my riding buddies will be there one is Caretaker he is a Roadguard & he rides a 2014 Daytona Blue Ultra, the other one is Assistant Platoon Leader in 1St Platoon
Red Tip & he rider a 2017 Laguna Orange Street Glide.
Have a safe ride

I did the RFTW in 2016 & 2017 Southern Route both times, I was a Tailgunner in 1st Platoon in 2017, It was a great experience. On my way back I stopped at Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, NC . worth the time, also had to ride the Dragon & the Cherohala Skyway & a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I won't be going this year but two of my riding buddies will be there one is Caretaker he is a Roadguard & he rides a 2014 Daytona Blue Ultra, the other one is Assistant Platoon Leader in 1St Platoon
Red Tip & he rider a 2017 Laguna Orange Street Glide.
Have a safe ride

Thanks, I'll be sure to buy them both a beer somewhere along the route. I'll also check out Maggie Valley, sounds worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like you hit some fantastic riding areas, Midland Nc is a nice secluded aeria , Thank you sir for your service !!

Sounds like you hit some fantastic riding areas, Midland Nc is a nice secluded aeria , Thank you sir for your service !!

Thank you, from the bottom of my soul.....it's nice to be appreciated. Doing this ride, and riding for the Patriot Guard are my way of appreciating those who didn't get the recognition they deserved.

Thank you, from the bottom of my soul.....it's nice to be appreciated. Doing this ride, and riding for the Patriot Guard are my way of appreciating those who didn't get the recognition they deserved.

The RFTW is an emotional Mission

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77