Rinehart 3.5 or 4 inch full exhaust

zgrsk269

Feb 24, 2020
I’m currently running a 2016 SGS with rinehart 4 inch mufflers (slip ons) I just got back from Gettysburg and my buddy has an 2009 ultra with rinehart classic true duals with the 3.5 inch mufflers. I understand that the head pipes help with the noise but after riding behind him all weekend my ears are still ringing and I’m still wanting more sound out of mine. His bike is definitely louder than mine by all means, my question here is if I want that loud bark like he has am I better off running true duals with a 3.5 inch muffler like his, or running true duals with a 4 inch muffler. I think the 4 inch mufflers look better aesthetically but the sound of his was a lot better than mine.
Thanks for the input

I have the 4” inch 2 into one, and it’s plenty loud. I would think the 4” would be louder than the 3.5”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Might want to call Reinhart and ask them. You definitely will have to change out your head pipes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am planning on changing the headers to either the classic duals or the xtreme duals. I was told (didn’t have a chance to contact rinehart yet for confirmation) that the 4 inch are a deep growl and the 3.5 inch are more of a raspy loud sound. The headers are coming with the cams I’m putting in. I’m going with a good mid range cam (S&S MR103 with lifters and adjustable pushrods, and doing the true dual kit)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90