Saddle bag rganizer

I use a similar product on my bike and to be honest, I don't particularly care for them. They are very hard to get things in / out of and on mine the tape that holds them to the top of the lid is starting to not stick so they are starting to fall off. That's my two cents...

Just bought it for mine and was shocked to see that they Velcro on as well. Will have to see how it holds up...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I had them and could not keep them stuck to the lid. Especially when the lid gets hot. Even tried a few different Velcro tape options.

There is a plastic Velcro sold by 3m that is much stronger than the regular Velcro. You can get it at any Wal-Mart or Ace Hardware store. I'm sure it will adhere to the inside part of the lid, not sure however if it is going to remain glued to the the material of the liner, which appears to be nylon correct? If that is the case, you may have to sew one side to the liner. Wow, it sounds like a lot of work already!
Good luck anyways!

Sent from my Hawkphone using Tapatalk 2

I have to say that I bought some locktite double sided tape that was used for outside and it held for a couple weeks, but I am now using velcro industrial strength and loaded it up on there with the velcro and then undid the screws and once stuck on there let them hang for 24 hours to dry and adhere right and so far so good.

The Velcro/ double stock tape that comes on the saddleman set is crap!!!

I used the heavy duty double side tape from Home Depot. I went with the 20lb and I haven't had a single problem with it yet. And I don't think I will either, I use that tape to hold things on walls for my job and when I have to take one off it takes some work to get them off the wall. That stuff is great.

Agreed! I am doing work in PHX, AZ and I put the "Saddle Man" brand in my bags and the heat pulled them off on day 1. So i used locktite superglue hoping that, if the **** could glue a car to a ceiling, it could hold a 12oz bag. Nope, garbage. I'll have to try the locktite velcro.
The Velcro/ double stock tape that comes on the saddleman set is crap!!!

I used the heavy duty double side tape from Home Depot. I went with the 20lb and I haven't had a single problem with it yet. And I don't think I will either, I use that tape to hold things on walls for my job and when I have to take one off it takes some work to get them off the wall. That stuff is great.

I am waiting for the Saddleman's Tray to become available from First Shot for the '14 instead of messing with the lid..Sounds like it is more hassle than it is worth

I am waiting for the Saddleman's Tray to become available from First Shot for the '14 instead of messing with the lid..Sounds like it is more hassle than it is worth

That's what I'm doing now too.

I have the HD version and also had the same issue with the tape letting go after a few days. I used a 3M double sided tape and it's been solid since.

The other issue I had was the Factory multi tool was in one of the pouches and it cut through the webbing after a while so one of my pockets is useless now.

On a more positive note, it has worked out to be a great place to keep my hand pump for the air shocks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith