Saddle bag security locks

The older bags could be popped off with a screw driver but the 14's are more secure. If you had the recall done all they put in were new spring clips. Have had 2 recalls on these and a lot of us have gone to the bolts for better security so they don't fall off while your going down the road.

Thanks for the info. I really don't like the spongy feeling of the stock clips, I'd prefer a nice solid snap when locked, considering its holding a $1000 part.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

I think the ones I put on mine are REDA but there are a bunch out there. All you need is a 5/16 by inch and a half and the fender bolt or thin clip. You can always go to Lowes or home depo and one of those bolt stores and get them there.

The LocEzy's came today and got installed. They feel real solid. I like them so far. We'll see how they hold up during my ride this weekend.

IMG_20160901_190615746_HDR_zpstnhlfmsl.jpg

Last edited:
I got some knobs and speed nuts at work and replaced the stock clips. Two miles from home and the left bag passed me doing about 20 mph as I turned right. Of course it landed on the show side. The lid has a scuff above the lock, the reflector is scuffed pretty good and the bottom edge the same. Tightened them real good until I got home. Reinstalled the stock clips and secured them with a wire tie to lock loop. They cannot back off now.

After 3 days of riding with the bags empty, loaded, and overloaded the LocEzys did not move at all. So far best $23 I've spent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469