Scraping the pipes ! Thought the Glide was high enough not to.

Mar 1, 2016
Rode along the coast near Fort Bragg CA on a twisty turning road and scraped the piss out of my V&H pipes on the right side behind the foot board. My buddy said i was getting 6' trails of sparks. Had the tunes up so i heard nothing. The damage is on the chrome shield that covers the actual pipe so i would think i could get a replacement part from V&H. Sheeeeeooooooot !

Rode along the coast near Fort Bragg CA on a twisty turning road and scraped the piss out of my V&H pipes on the right side behind the foot board. My buddy said i was getting 6' trails of sparks. Had the tunes up so i heard nothing. The damage is on the chrome shield that covers the actual pipe so i would think i could get a replacement part from V&H. Sheeeeeooooooot !
Power duals?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Someone else tried to get a new heatshield for their v&h pipes... Iirc it was very close to the price of the whole package. I'd suggest you just leave it as is lest you replace them and scrape the new ones.

Even on my stock pipes I've scraped them once or twice. My 14 had all sorts of damage from turns (and one drop/slide doing u-turn practice). Unless you really have to have a spotless bike, in which case you should probably stop riding it, don't worry about a few scrape makers that can only be seen when you're crawling around on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Had the power duals on my bike for a couple years and I scrapped them also. I even scrapped them on the road your talking about. Was in Grants Pass this weekend visiting my sister and may have found a few places to scrap on the way out and back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith