Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner and O2 sensors

Sandwiz

Jan 14, 2020
Hello all!

I am new to Harley's, I've owned nothing but metric bikes until now and all those being simple Carburetor fed basic bikes with no fancy electronics.

Now I have this very nice 2014 Street Glide Special and it came with the "Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner" VCI to which I bought cables for.

I have also downloaded the software and just started watching the training, not all that far into it yet, AND I know little about fuel injection or ECM or, or, or....

First question I have that this video does not seem to tell me is how do you know what O2 sensor to choose "Standard" or "WideBand"

This bike came with a dealer installed stage 1 upgrade on it which it seems is basically the Vance Hines 2 into 2 Exhaust, the Screamin' Eagle Ventilator Elite Air Cleaner Kit and the Screaming Eagle EFI Super Tuner, which I gather was needed to tune it!

I am sure I will have many more questions like how do I pull the current setting off the bike and I am hopping the video will get to that so for now,

My current question is: How do I know which O2 sensor to choose "Standard" or "WideBand"

Thanks in advance for the help! and hope this is not to simple\stupid of a question!

Choose standard O2 sensors. WideBand is for the optional H-D Smart Tune Pro Automatic tuning module.

so I just looked that up, automatically tune your bike constantly?
Is this good in theory but not so much in practice?
just something else to break?
or the greatest thing since sliced bread?

I've use the Smart Tune Pro on two bikes. It works great. Here's my 114 with an H-D Stage 2 torque cam:

FLHCS Dyno Run.jpg

The stock narrow band sensors are tuning your bike constantly also, However, they can not tune except at cruise conditions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77