Screaming eagle pro tuner

Sullyolive

Dec 9, 2015
Lawsuit with screaming eagle race tuner
Anyone read the suit ?
Is Harley giving refunds?
Anyone still able to tune recently purchased Vci tuner pro ?
Anyone update the Harley software for tuning?

Unsold units at a dealer are being returned to the factory, yes you can still tune them, get the cables, download the software and you are good to go, if you get the cables and get the software, it looks for updates before it lets you tune.

Unsold units at a dealer are being returned to the factory, yes you can still tune them, get the cables, download the software and you are good to go, if you get the cables and get the software, it looks for updates before it lets you tune.

I have tuned before have all cables and was told not to update due to Harley putting in updates to make unusable. Heard three others unable to tune after update but no proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt they will disable your tuner. They may not upload new maps but they run the risk of ruining your bike if you do the work that leans the bike out and you need a tune to fix the A/F ratio. They would have another set of lawsuits coming for ruined bikes. I think what will happen is no more new maps from Harley and they will stop selling them at the dealerships. But people need a way to tune their bike if a simple air cleaner or non stock exhaust is added.

I still think this is going to kill the aftermarket until fixes can be made. Starting with Harley but I guarantee you they will come for V&H next. They are the next big company.

What in the name of WWW is going on? Next they will force emission on motorcycles and ban motorcycles from running on HOV lane.....this is truly B.S.

For many years now any one performing or modifying any vehicle to be non CARB / EPA compliant for highway use is subject to a 10K fine per vehicle. VW pissed off the EPA and my guess is some one got butt hurt and pointed them towards the MoCo , who is one of the only vehicle makers to market there own off road tuner. They must have put 2 and 2 together and discovered they were knowingly selling , installing , and tuning these for street use.

From 17 on if you install any non CARB approved equipment on your bike it will void your warranty, also the MoCo will no longer be able to market any non CARB approved parts.

Will individual dealers get around this , hard to know at this point but most likely your warranty will be void if they do.

I just brought a new 2016 to avoid this. Sounds like the 2017 will be a problem to upgrade anytime. Though I better get a 2016 while I still could.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I just brought a new 2016 to avoid this. Sounds like the 2017 will be a problem to upgrade anytime. Though I better get a 2016 while I still could.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Same here disappointed in corporate Harley for compromise with California

you may not be able to get the SERT for the 2017 but Dyno Jet has the power vision fore the M8 already. I was also reading about tts and the fp3 having one also. as far as warranty goes it shouldn't void it . either way I never liked the SERT. Plus my warranty was gone at 2000mi when the turbo was installed. :cool:

I believe they can still sell the race tuner, its the super tuner pro that was the device they were fined for. the race tuner has dealer canned maps, the super tuner allowed us to change afr, timing, and ve tables as well as other settings. Can someone else confirm or deny this?

The EPA reversed itself on the ban. Did they change their mind again?

See post below from Hulk from another thread...

Read that article. It's satire....the ban is still on. The fines are real.

"We thought that since Harley-Davidson dealers were installing these aftermarket "super tuners" on motorcycles licensed and insured for road use, that it was a clear violation of the "off-road" and "competition" exemption. We didn't realize that virtually all Harleys really are off-road vehicles, in the sense that they travel above the road on trailers. And of course, most of the owners are engaged in an ego-driven money spending contest.
It was our mistake; we thought people were actually riding those things, and we're sorry for any confusion we may have caused
."

I believe they can still sell the race tuner, its the super tuner pro that was the device they were fined for. the race tuner has dealer canned maps, the super tuner allowed us to change afr, timing, and ve tables as well as other settings. Can someone else confirm or deny this?

Street tuner or race tuner. Race tuner no longer avail best choice for adjusting all settings period. All other tuners don't come close to this.

Street tuner or race tuner. Race tuner no longer avail best choice for adjusting all settings period. All other tuners don't come close to this.

Right, I apologize. The street tuner is still available, the other is discontinued.

I believe the SERT was discontinued last year , when I asked back in Nov 15 I was told I couldn't get one any longer.

I have orange street tuner came on bike when bought it, I just bought the black pro tuner! Both use same se software!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469