SGS Infotainment GPS

Brent Hickman

Apr 18, 2015
Greetings everyone!

I am new to this forum and Im about to purchase an SG or SGS. I currently have a 2013Fat Bob. Love the ride and the way I sit. I would like to know what people think about using their phones to make/receives calls and how the GPS works. Yes I do want to get on the open road and i do not want to be bothered by a call or text. Im curious as to what everyone out there thinks about it. If I go that route I will get the bigger screen.

Thanks.

I have the SGS and I use the GPS to find address's and it works really good for me. Some want a more up to date do everything GPS but I'm happy with mine. As far as the phone thing I check it after I park somewhere. I use a IPod for my music until they come out with a IPhone 6 plus holder. The 6 plus won't fit in the little compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Tom

I have the SGS and I use the GPS to find address's and it works really good for me. Some want a more up to date do everything GPS but I'm happy with mine. As far as the phone thing I check it after I park somewhere. I use a IPod for my music until they come out with a IPhone 6 plus holder. The 6 plus won't fit in the little compartment.

Yup....same here re: the 6+....I'm one of the disappointed ones with the factory GPS system but then again I come from the electronics industry and I'm a pilot so I truly KNOW what a good system can and should do and that alone frustrates me with the choices Harley made.....but then again that's just one man's opinion :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Tom[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tom. I too have the 6 plus so that answers another question. I dint expect the GPS to be robust, just want be able to see where I am on a map. One last thing. Does it do turn by turn thru the speakers?

Does it do turn by turn thru the speakers?[/QUOTE]
Yes

Yes....regarding the turn by turn audio...I always mute all GPS devices in my vehicles....my SG special was set so damn loud when 1st tried the GPS ....you can adjust volume of the navigation guidance voice....bbut mine is mute !

Last edited:
Nice! This site rocks by the way. So many people offering advice. Way better than other social media. You guys take care. I'm going to continue to read and maybe ask questions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0
Brent Hickman-Welcome to SGF! I'm pretty happy with mine once you figure out all the little tips (here on SGF) and its limitations and workarounds. Using the phone is the last thing I want to do while riding. I mostly use the Bluetooth feature for music listenening thru my earbuds and GPS to guide me certain places. The radio will mute when a turn by turn instruction comes.

Another little tid bit is you adjust the GPS volume while she's talking to you or I haven't figured out any other way to do it yet.

Another little tid bit is you adjust the GPS volume while she's talking to you or I haven't figured out any other way to do it yet.

If you go into the Setup menu--->Feedback Settings--->Prompt Volume it will adjust her voice for directions. It also controls the volume of the beeps when your in the menus if I'm not mistaken. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469