SHINKO 777 tires

Mar 1, 2016
Just ordered a set of [FONT=Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]SHINKO 777 tires for the Glide. 130 / 19 front and 180 / 16 rear. Spent 1/2 hour trying to buy some Dunlops but couldnt get the order to go through. Anywho, will be interesting to see how the Shinkos at $225 total vs $ 347 for the Lops will compare. I previously bought a set for a bike i sold but didnt put much mileage on them so not sure about how long they may last. I got these Shinkos from J&P Cycle. Anyone ever have these tires on your Glide ?[/FONT]

Not on my Glide, but I run Shinko 230 Tour Masters on all 3 of my vintage Suzukis'. Mileage is not very good but the 230's grip really well in all kinds of conditions. Let us know how you like them.

I got 12K off the factory Lops so if i get 10K from the Shinkos, ill be happy. Nice to hear they grip well as that is the most important to me.

200 Mile ride today to Brookings Oregon on the coast. Tires were awesome for grip and smoothness. Super happy with them. We shall see how many miles i get.

I have used Shinko tires before and am happy with them but have not on my SG yet.....last quite long and handle high speed with no issues.....I had them on my ZX12R and I am one that hit corners hard.....Shinko tires are great!

Now have 6500 miles on this set in about 10 1/2 months. The rear is pretty close to being done. So in a nutshell, these tires performed great, the cost was half as much as the Dunlop's, and the tires lasted half as long. Going back to the OEM's cuz it just makes sense.

Never tried the Shinkos, but I would recommend checking into the Michelin Commander II.

I got 16k on the first set I had and now I have over 11k miles on the second set. The front 21" still looks new and there 18" rear is still in great shape.

I will check out the Michelins. Tires as well as well as many things are not in good supply right now but i will fing something. Thanks for the input .

Now have 6500 miles on this set in about 10 1/2 months. The rear is pretty close to being done. So in a nutshell, these tires performed great, the cost was half as much as the Dunlop's, and the tires lasted half as long. Going back to the OEM's cuz it just makes sense.

I considered these too, but half the life is a deal breaker for me. I have 19k on my original dunlop. I am now considering the Bridgestone Battlecruise H50, anyone tried these?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067