Short passenger backrest

Quik

Oct 6, 2016
Recommendations on a detachable short passenger backrest, a complete unit with pad and bar. Also any pictures/part numbers/prices would be appreciated.

I would go with the tall back rest for your passengers comfort and to hold a luggage bag when your traveling. Most of the bags that hook or side over you backrest will be more stable with the taller backrest. Sometimes it's not about looks but what works the best for function. And they pretty much cost about the same money.

Just my 2 cents

I agree with TomA, as I also chose the taller Harley sissy bar with a backrest pad that matches the OEM SGS seat. The shorter backrests look more low profile/nicer, but not nearly as functional. I've grown to like the taller backrest, and so does my lady. She's 5'8", the short backrest wasn't going to be comfortable for her.

You require:

Docking Hardware

Sissy Bar

Backrest Pad

Docking Caps - Optional

*Note, these are the parts I chose. Since I am blacking the bike out (minimal chrome), needed a taller backrest, and the pad which matches the OEM Street Glide Special seat.

Since these pictures were taken, I have added the optional magnetic caps and a black backrest pad mount. I wish you had a choice between black and chrome backrest pad mount in the box, but I guess you don't. They make the black mount optional.

Last edited:
I went with the short HD backrest more for looks than functionality. But it works and the wife has been mostly satisfied. I say mostly because on our last trip she said she would like a higher backrest to lean back on. Ugh... guess I will be buying a second backrest for trips. As far as strapping luggage down to a short back rest, I found the a good travel bag, Saddleman BR1800, that has worked great for 2 or 3 days trips. If you go with a large travel bag I wouldn't recommend the shorter backrest.
IMG_0051 (1).jpgIMG_0080.jpg

I agree with TomA, as I also chose the taller Harley sissy bar with a backrest pad that matches the OEM SGS seat. The shorter backrests look more low profile/nicer, but not nearly as functional. I've grown to like the taller backrest, and so does my lady. She's 5'8", the short backrest wasn't going to be comfortable for her.

You require:

Docking Hardware

Sissy Bar

Backrest Pad

Docking Caps - Optional

*Note, these are the parts I chose. Since I am blacking the bike out (minimal chrome), needed a taller backrest, and the pad which matches the OEM Street Glide Special seat.

Since these pictures were taken, I have added the optional magnetic caps and a black backrest pad mount. I wish you had a choice between black and chrome backrest pad mount in the box, but I guess you don't. They make the black mount optional.

Black should have come with the black pad mount... at least that's the way mine came and what it states in the P&A catalogue...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/shop...=10665|showFacets=true|userSelected=category3

Quik,
I just notice you looking for a short passenger back rest. if you are still looking, hit me up with a PM. I have one that is almost brand new but the wife didn't like it so I'm trying to sell it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith