Small dark clearview shield

speed4tu

May 3, 2014
I recently ordered a clearview shield for my streetglide. After putting it on right away didn't like the taller appearance but after testing it out. I was sold!! It is a night and day difference in the stock short windscreen. I can finally hear the radio without it playing loud as possible and no getting beat with wind. Here are a few comparison pics in the two.

dupu8u6e.jpg

ju8uzujy.jpg

7y4enery.jpg

gytu7u9e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed! I liked it from the first ride! Gives better side protection than Some others.

I got the small smoked tint, wish now that I would have gotten the clear. Little dark for night time riding with my old man eyes.

Mine is the light smoke and is just right tint wise for day or night riding. If it were damaged, I'd by another Clearview.

It is a bit dark for night riding I think. I haven't tried it yet but I look over it for the most part. It's amazing how much better I can hear the stereo now tho! Only problem is my shirt now wants to push up a bit from more turbulence from under the fairing.

It is a bit dark for night riding I think. I haven't tried it yet but I look over it for the most part. It's amazing how much better I can hear the stereo now tho! Only problem is my shirt now wants to push up a bit from more turbulence from under the fairing.

Add some fairing AND fork lowers and that problem will go away.

Add some fairing AND fork lowers and that problem will go away.

I want to get the fairing lowers and am considering the fork lowers. Have read lots of good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to get the fairing lowers and am considering the fork lowers. Have read lots of good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They together with the windscreen keep me out of the buffeting zone.

I just put an Fast Air recurve on my Sg looks just like the OP put on. I had a 7" windsplitter on and this new shield gave the extra protection I was looking for. Leaving on a 7 day ride thru NY and wanted a little more wind/rain protection.
a2aqujyg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a 17" ClearViewShield. That is a medium size and equals the 8.5" KlockWerks size. Used the discount code from this forum and got 10% off. I mailed back and forth several times and came to the conclusion that ClearViewShields really Rock!! After explaining my concern about the vibration of the 1/8" ClearViewShield being thinner than the stock-so-low-shield which seems to be 3/16" thick. Andy from customer service ClearViewShields told me he will manufacture a 3/16" 17" recured top dark smoked for me specially. Isn't that awesome? At no extra cost!! Wow man, that is really great!! Happy that I took Mojo's trail... ;) to ClearViewShields. Will have a darksmoke shield, no vibration and no buffeting. Can't wait to get it installed. Must wait 15-20 days before international shipment, But It 'll be worth waiting for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith