So Confused?!?!?!?

Osito

May 7, 2019
After 12 years, I have upgraded my 2007 Street Glide to a 2018 Street Glide Special. Mama was not happy about the exhaust after our first couple of rides. It sounds puny and her right foot was on fire. To me, this is implied consent for a full exhaust upgrade. We went on the smart TV and listened to exhaust sounds in surround sound. I am pretty sure I am going with Bassani for the head pipes, but I am not certain about the mufflers. I love the sound on 4.5-inch pipes, but I cannot see a lot of pictures of these on a FLHXS.

With the extended bags on the FLHXs would the 4.5 be too much pipe? Could they damage the bags? Also, when Mama is not on the back I tend to ride it like I stole it. Is there any risk of dragging the 4.5s? I have not dragged the boards yet on the 2018, but I got pretty comfortable with dragging the boards on the 2007. Lastly, is there any reason that I would want to pay the V&H tax and go with the power dual headers.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I have my 1K service next week, and I am chompin at the bit to change my exhaust. Please help end my confusion.

I don't think you will have any issues with extended bags as they are all made to fit all exhausts......and unless you are knee dragger like sportbike riding you'll be fine.

My neighbor has full Bassani system on his RGS and he loves it, I also like the sound of it a lot. Neighbor claims increase huge torque and he rides like he stole his bike also...… :)

Boneshakers or tab with zombie baffles ftw. This is with stock stretched bags and advan black stretched fender
aad486403101b56aec527856c1614f4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And with advan black full 4.5 stretched bags. I have boneshakers
ef86aa6593add92c9acb1919e630c52c.jpg
8a4844173f788f9ed670a38a1ca22226.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm running the V&H Power Dual with the Screaming Eagle 4.5" Street Cannons now. I recently added the head pipe due to the same complaint from my wife about the heat on her right foot. Heat was greatly reduced. It sounds about as good as any other M8 I've heard with varies slip-ons. I have the CVO style extended bags which are basically now the OEM bags on the 18-19 SGS. There's plenty of clearance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith