Sony upgrade for wireless headset, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto

hulkss

Administrator
Sep 29, 2013
This looks like a pretty good deal: https://fatheadcycles.com/blogs/harley-davidson-news/apple-carplay-1998-2018-harley-davidson
Has anybody tried it?

The H-D Wireless Headset Interface Module (WHIM) costs $300, plus $50 cable, plus a firmware flash upgrade that the dealer must do (more $$$). And...….the H-D hardware is only fully functional with H-D headsets. I want to use the wireless headset I already own. And....H-D only supports CarPlay on 2019 and newer models with the GTS electronics.

I know a lot of people are changing to these unit's. I have seen a couple on bikes but haven't really asked too many questions. I know the internet is full of the Harley infotainment units pretty cheap.

I have the Sony XAV 5000 and I love mine, I can bluetooth it to my phone and run google maps right off the headunit. it will even pause the radio and give directions through the speakers if you want it that way. all of your music apps cans be loaded right up on the screen with apple car play or android auto. I have to say it was one of the best upgrades I have done to my scoot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave