Sound Issue

SFLryder

Jun 22, 2024
Hey guys, new to the forum. I recently purchased a 24 Street Glide and decided the factory speakers were trash.. I put 2 JM Rokker speakers in the Stage 6 with the 1000 W 4 channel amp. The day I installed them and day after they worked fine and sounded great. I got a phone call while riding and hit the volume button to turn it down and after the call stopped, the sound stopped working. I tried downloading the updates and the bike wont read the usb. I am completely stumped and would hate to take it to the dealer before I exhaust any other options.

Side note, I also pulled the main 60 AMP fuse for a few minutes and it did not fix the problem.

I would give JM a call. They are based in Arizona I think. They can be very helpful.

They used to be on here a lot, but give him a call on Monday,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so I got a 24 SG about 1 month ago and speakers were also trash. I replaced with new RF fairing speakers, saddlebag speakers and a 500w amp. I turned my bike on and no sound at all. I searched a Road Glide Forum and found an answer that worked for me. It may not work for you.

What you do is turn the ignition on but do not start it. I think it’s called auxiliary but I may be wrong. Anyways, if you’re sitting on the bike, you’ll take the left saddlebag off. Then there is a cover plate that can be pulled off. Once you pull the cover plate, towards the top there is a 60A main fuse (yellow/orangish in color) which is covered with a rubber cap to keep water out. While auxiliary is still on, pull the main fuse. Then turn the bike to the off position, wait 5 minutes and reinstall fuse. Fixed my issue and hope this helps you.

Are you talking about the main system fuse for the bike?

Whenever I'm working on the electrical side of the bike, I always pull the main system fuse and shut off the ignition. When done, reinstall fuse and test system out

Okay, so I got a 24 SG about 1 month ago and speakers were also trash. I replaced with new RF fairing speakers, saddlebag speakers and a 500w amp. I turned my bike on and no sound at all. I searched a Road Glide Forum and found an answer that worked for me. It may not work for you.

What you do is turn the ignition on but do not start it. I think it’s called auxiliary but I may be wrong. Anyways, if you’re sitting on the bike, you’ll take the left saddlebag off. Then there is a cover plate that can be pulled off. Once you pull the cover plate, towards the top there is a 60A main fuse (yellow/orangish in color) which is covered with a rubber cap to keep water out. While auxiliary is still on, pull the main fuse. Then turn the bike to the off position, wait 5 minutes and reinstall fuse. Fixed my issue and hope this helps you.
Just tried it and didn' work :/ looks like its going into the stealer for updates.

Are you talking about the main system fuse for the bike?

Whenever I'm working on the electrical side of the bike, I always pull the main system fuse and shut off the ignition. When done, reinstall fuse and test system out
Yes the main system fuse

Just tried it and didn' work :/ looks like its going into the stealer for updates.
i did hear there were updates released for similar issues back in March 2024. You would think they would update their bikes before you take them, but apparently not. Please keep us updated with what happens, cause, solution, etc…

Reactions: buck99rog
I ended up pulling the faring after calling JM before going to the dealer. Ended up being a loose pin connector for the orange remote wire..

Reactions: buck99rog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millbail24