Stage 2

jason76

Jul 20, 2014
My local dealer is running a 50% off labor special so I have my bike in for its 1000 mile service so after talking with the service manager they are also installing the stage 2 power cam will be ready Saturday cant wait to feel the results .

Does this engine have the same side effect from a cam swap......losing low end torque to gain top end power?

I will let everyone know how it turns out as for the loss at low end the dump sheets Harley has posted shows gains across the board for this cam .

So here is what the cost was 50%off labor my 1k service with synthetic in the engine and regular Harley oil in the trans and primary chrome oil filter. The cam kit that came with gaskets and adjustable push rods had to add the cam retainer kit so my total out the door price was $904.00 . I already had stage 1 so I bought cables for the prostreet tuner a while back rode it home with the stage 1 tune first ride minor gains low end this thing gets with it 2800 on up to redline .just did the tune for stage 2 have not rode it yet will ride in the morning . It has a bit more idle vibration nothing bad and has a defined idle lope and slight idle crack now so far so good if the ride home with the improper tune was amazing the ride with the proper tune should be even better I will let you know tomorrow on that so far best money I have spent and it has a louder exhaust note all around with the 4.5in street cannons .

What numbers cam, come in the kit you had installed , was wondering Iv'e heard video's of the stage 111 with the se498 cam , That sound Really Great !! Sounds like yours may have close too the same Lope !!! IF possible add us a video clip Thanks !!

cam box.jpg cam box and with the correct tune I am very pleased with the out come gains from low to top end .

She sounds really nice! Looking forward to hearing how she performs with the Stage II tune in her.

It has the stage2 power cam tune in it I can't take the smile off of my face should have dyno sheets in the next week or so to see what real world gains it has very hard to keep out of the throttle the m8 is no slouch to begin with and this upgrade has me i awe of the additional power and torque that I can feel .and it now has the classic Harley idle .

I was able to tune it to the proper tune last night I had bought the cables for the prostreet tuner about a month ago cables were 30 bucks and the Harley shop charged me 100 bucks to tune it to stage 1 so I did stage 2 myself best 30 bucks I have spent in awhile and the software is free to down load on your lap top as long as you have a prostreet tuner

Did you have the dealership do before and after dyno pulls to see how much of a gain in hp and tq you picked up with the cam?

They. Have m8 numbers not from my bike I didn't have enough cash for a before run but talked them in to a run after go back in the next week or so for a after run and see . Seat of the pants tells me I will be happy with the numbers . Thanks for the positive feedback

Thanks for all the info on your bike Sounds Really nice and more power . not too mention the perma GRIN !!!! :cool::eek::)

Thanks it's definitely better than I thought it would be and this is the first time in my riding adult life have I been able to buy a new bike and do what I have wanted to do to it and get great results

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith