standard height premium fork kit

jchambers

Feb 1, 2015
has anyone done this kit themselves? https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/standard-single-cartridge-fork-kit,,,,,, it was kinda hard(all left side) and it made it very hard to reinstall the front axle. when installing the mono tube on the left fork there was alot of travel left as the spring is compressed to the mono tube, but, when i reinstalled the left fork i had to force the slider back up(as far as possible) then force the axle through the wheel. i thought I'd never get it back in place.. it's in, travel feels good-ain't road it yet. complaining, yes.. but i would like to know if one of you have done this and of so was your experience similar.. the fear is that something is wrong-what if so it could be,,, i don't know. checked the instruction many, many, many times before even attempting this task. it's a 2015 sgs... i just did a progressive front mono tube kit on a 2013 ultra classic and that except for needing to remove the bat wing was a real piece of cake.

I had mine dealer installed, however, I recently took them off the bike and apart to do an oil change. When installing the front wheel and axle both sliders should be fully extended (like any unloaded front forks). There is more pre-load on one side but the springs will fully extend both sliders. I just supported the wheel/tire on an adjustable jack and slid in the axle. Did you set the oil levels with the springs out and the forks fully compressed?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith