Starting issues

Pakman67

Jun 2, 2020
So my 2020 SGS is always on a tender when not being used and upon starting, bike cranks slow and wont start. I attempt to start it a few times and the same, slow and no start. I always try one last time after a minute or so and the bike cranks strong and starts. Terminals are clean and tight. Ideas?

Even though bike is only a few years old. I would fully charge the battery let it stabilize with battery tender removed. Then take it to a auto parts store and let them load test it. The battery can be loosing cell capacity meaning that you might only have 70% of cells left. So when you hook up the battery tender it will show fully charged and you think all is good but you are only getting a charge on the 70% of the active cells you battery cells can be degrading. That is why I say to get a fully charged battery load tested after it has had time to stabilize. Batteries can be hit or miss you can get up to 4 or 5 years or they can break down internally in a year or two. Make sure you clean the battery main leads with scotch brute or a fine sand paper. The terminals can be tight and still have a bad electrical connection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165