Stock mufflers with a tuner??

fishin1789

May 28, 2015
Anyone running a de-catted stock head pipe and stock mufflers with a FP3 tuner? I'm looking to quiet down my bike and wondering how much the performance will suffer if I remove the SE Street Cannons and go back to the stock mufflers.

Yes you will be able to do it. Here is a M8 with packing removed from CVO mufflers on a 2017 RGS. He isn't running a tuner and has a SE wedge AC on the bike too. This will at least let you know how stock mufflers will sound.

https://youtu.be/LG9UfxaASoY

Anyone running a de-catted stock head pipe and stock mufflers with a FP3 tuner? I'm looking to quiet down my bike and wondering how much the performance will suffer if I remove the SE Street Cannons and go back to the stock mufflers.

On an all stock bike around six-eight hp can be gained by installing Street Cannons, high flow Air intake, and having the ECM flashed or a tuner installed. A basic stage one upgrade. I would suspect returning to restrictive stock mufflers would walk back any gains realized by the Street Cannons. Probably six or more HP.
If you want quiet find a set of CVO take off muffs usually available on e-bay for a couple hundred bucks. These flow very well, are quiet, look great, and you will not loose performance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith