Stock seat

17SGS

Jul 10, 2017
Anyone else think the stock seat sucks? The area where my tail bone is pretty sore. Wanting to get a different seat but not sure of which one to get. I don't want to spend crazy money on a seat I'm not sure will cure the problem. Any seat suggestions? Or is it a better idea and possibly a cheaper solution as well to have the stock seat worked on such as having some foam removed and replacing it with a gel material?

I agree. For a bike sold as a Tourer, it's appalling. No other manufacturer would get away with selling this kind of rubbish. As well as being uncomfortable after a tank full of fuel, it holds water for weeks following a decent deluge. I raised it with my dealer, his response: 'Well, they are all like that'. I'll be having it reworked over the winter by a local upholsterer who did an excellent job on my Lowrider a while back.

17SGS,
The misses wanted more comfort and I wanted my part of the seat lowered. Go see Master Lugo in Spring Hill. He did an awesome job and fitted it to us as well as had us do test rides during the process. Not cheap but less than a new seat and it is custom fit to us. Also added some nice decorative touches with Snakeskin inserts and piping to match the SGS stripes in Alligator.

He's also at most major bike events good guy great work.
Greg

Yup stock seat kinda sucks, I'm 5'5" and was on my toes until the wife got on. by no means is she big 125lbs.

I took my seat to a local leather guy and her shaved the seat down to put my feet almost flat w/o pushing me forward.

Had the same problem with the seat hurt after a while. Had the seat reworked with a gel pad and I can ride it all day now. Have a take off Ultra seat for when the wife rides with me and she loves it but it pushes me too far forward so may have it worked on this winter.

I agree. The stock seat fails the test of a long ride for comfort. I tried the Saddlemen seat for about two weeks. Great workmanship and looks however I did not like the back rest design. Saddlemen took it back and even refunded the money I had to spend to replace the shipping box that it was sent in. I ended up with the HD Signature Series two piece seat for my 2017 Street Glide. The back rest design makes it so easy to insert it or remove it if you want. I've ridden the bike almost all day a couple of times. I'm only 165 lbs with no extra padding in the rear and it passed my test.

Thanks for the reply's. Even taking days off then to go for a short ride around town the same spot near the tail bone areas is still sore. All of my years of riding i never had a problem like this. My Warrior which i had for 9 years and 46,000 miles never bothered me like this. I even bought a Corbin Rumble seat for when riding two up and it was 10X better than this POS Street Glide seat.

Thanks GButler, i'll check into Master Lugo and see what he can do for me.

SGS17,
Hes a good guy and did wonders for our seat. He basically cut our seat up (actually scared me at one point with what he cut out) then rebuilt it using a mixture of the stock foam, High density foam, and gel.
I can attest to it is comfortable been riding it a year and never a complaint from the driver or the passenger that had 3 discs in her back replaced and can ride all day with the mods to the seat.
Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdsmojo