Tacoma, WA. To Little Rock, Arkansas travel advice.

Dirte

Oct 25, 2015
My wife and I are taking a road trip in May. Headed from Tacoma to Little Rock, Ar. So we will be going through Boise, Salt Lake City, to Moab, and down to Albuquerque. From Albuquerque we want to take as much of Route 66 to Oklahoma City as we can then I40 to Arkansas. Any body around any of those areas or who have rode any of that route with any advice or tips on weather, road conditions, cool stuff to see or areas to stay away from I would appreciate the input. Thanks.

Couple things when you get to Albuquerque, if you have time, take the tram up to Sandia Peak, check out the 'steel forest'...an impressive "forest" of radio antenna's....very interesting. On the west side stop at the Petroglyphs National Monument. On your way out of town, drive up State Hiway 14 to Madrid...have lunch at the Mine Shaft Tavern...then check out all the art gallery's. Have fun and be safe...

Couple things when you get to Albuquerque, if you have time, take the tram up to Sandia Peak, check out the 'steel forest'...an impressive "forest" of radio antenna's....very interesting. On the west side stop at the Petroglyphs National Monument. On your way out of town, drive up State Hiway 14 to Madrid...have lunch at the Mine Shaft Tavern...then check out all the art gallery's. Have fun and be safe...

Thanks, we added those too our list to map out and fit in.

Might check the roads in OK City, last time through there the roads were the worst I've seen. Arkansas area has great roads.

Might check the roads in OK City, last time through there the roads were the worst I've seen. Arkansas area has great roads.

Thanks for the advice. I lived in Tulsa for a short time years ago but never ventured to OKC. We will be on I40 at that point. So I'll do some research on that. And have been told by many that Arkansas has great roads for bikes.

If you are going thru Moab head south and ride thru Monument Valley worth the ride. Lots of wide open road and very scenic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469