The Great Debate...... Oil

The Great Debate...... Oil

• Total voters

Korazu

Jul 12, 2014
Does everyone use the standard SYN3 HD oil or have you changed to something else like Amsoil? Are you using it in all three holes?

To keep myself out of hot water on this subject . . . . "to each his own" :cool:

Does everyone use the standard SYN3 HD oil or have you changed to something else like Amsoil? Are you using it in all three holes?

All the riders I know run Amsoil as I do myself , I run my bikes pretty hard and I have many friends that use this oil for racing too

But this is my 2cents , most important thing is AS LONG AS YOU CHANGE YOUR OIL and maintain your bike you should have years of fun no matter what

Who's to say what's the best freaking oil

Roll on it :)

Last edited:
I had the dealer do the 1K service. The see I e writer asked the oil I was loyal to I said Amsoil. He themi proceeded to tell me they have had issues with left side bearings skating on bikes the run Amsoil. Pretty sure it was a sales pitch for HD oil

Sent from the mobile leash

I had the dealer do the 1K service. The see I e writer asked the oil I was loyal to I said Amsoil. He themi proceeded to tell me they have had issues with left side bearings skating on bikes the run Amsoil. Pretty sure it was a sales pitch for HD oil

LOL wow Blue ,

Stealerships never seem to stop amazing me

I would have have responded DUDE REALLY ? :rolleyes:

Amsoil for me. I occasionally bounce off the Rev limiter, so the more protection the better!

Spectro Platinum Full Syn. 20w50 in engine.
Spectro Platinum Full Syn. 6 Speed in tranny.
Spectro Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil

Amsoil only for me as well. Since this thread was started, and the link to the other oil documents was created, Amsoil formulated chamber specific lubricants for the Harley. My engine is quieter, lower valve train noise, and the clutch/shifting is improved. Smoother!

Installed this in my Engine. Link

Installed this in my Primary Case. Link

Installed this in my transmission. Link

Filters

Amsoil EaOM103 - Chrome

Amsoil EaOM103 - Black

Technical Sheets

Amsoil Harley Transmission Fluid .PDF

Amsoil Harley Primary Case Fluid .PDF

Amsoil Harley Engine Oil .PDF

So I recently had a very good motor builder tell my he swears by Motul Twin Syn 20/50. I guess it's made over the pond and they are not held to US EPA standards during the refining process. I normally run Red Line in the motor but have just put Motul in the motor. Should be up and running this weekend after compensator change. I will keep you posted

The plant may not be held to our EPA standards, but I would bet the oil meets our our API and SAE standards.

Ken

I was first turned on to Full Synths around 1999.
My dad owned a 1998 Kawasaki Concours and used to put about 40,000 miles a year on it.
He told me he switched to Amsoil and instead of needing an oil change once a month he changed it every 3.
Bike ran great till he traded it with 160,000 on it.
I made the switch to Amsoil and haven't had any complaints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14