Three year warranty

luvtoride

Oct 3, 2015
www.facebook.com
I've been a biker since 1999 but have only recently had a Harley Davidson. The consensus among bikers has always been that HD's are not reliable. But from my experience of being on forums like this one for almost three years that the newer ones may be more reliable.
It would be nice if Harley Davidson offered a three year warranty like Honda and the other Japanese brands. It would give HD more respect and reflect the improved reliability.
Of course I may be wrong on the reliability as I am relatively new to Harley Davidson.

Arnold

I don't know how to answer this.. Not reliable? Newer ones?
Alls I know is there are many of jap bikes in the junkyard..
My last Harley was a '97 RK.. When was the last time you saw a jap bike that old on the road?

Most Harleys get tore into soon after they leave the showroom. That's the beauty of a Harley. They are all different. Hell, I don't even know what a new Harley warranty is. 1yr?

Last edited:
All newer Harley's come with 2 years warranty, during 2 years time I only took my bike in twice for security system issue. Of course I bought extended warranty to be safe.

This is my 3rd Harley's and first two I only had them for few months as I bought them for very cheap and flipped them. My SG I bought to keep (at least for awhile :)) so wife & I can enjoy time together.

Harley's are pretty reliable just like the jap bikes but are more modified by their owners. I think the new warranty is for 2 years and you can get the extended up to 5 years as I have done. Waited until my 1 year warranty (at the time)was about up before adding the 5 year just in case. The 2 year warranty started in 17 I think.

Honda only has a 3 yr warranty on the Goldwing, the other bikes come with 1 year, with the option to buy up to 3 more. They just announced on the new Goldwing an additional 5 years can be added, for a total of 8 years. My 15 Switchback came with 2 years, and I used it 1 time for a cosmetic issue (rust on the battery cover bottom edge), my new 17 SGS came with 2 years also. I was offered a 5 year warranty, pretty pricey, and it would begin at purchase, so it only really added 3 years, I didn't buy it.

Harley's are pretty reliable just like the jap bikes but are more modified by their owners. I think the new warranty is for 2 years and you can get the extended up to 5 years as I have done. Waited until my 1 year warranty (at the time)was about up before adding the 5 year just in case. The 2 year warranty started in 17 I think.

Mine came with 2 year warranty and everyone I spoke with told me they got theirs with 2 years also.....so I think that started from '14 and up....

Kawasaki ‘s tourers (Voyager and Vaquero) also come with three year warranties. Just sayin’...

I have had all Japanese bikes since 1986 when I bought my 1st GSXR. Never got more than a 1 year warranty from the factory. I was impressed Harley had a 2 year. There is a lot of money in selling extended warranties. So if a bike has a bad history, that would be a selling point for an extended warranty in my mind so factory would be short.

I bought the extended warranty on mine 14 and my 17. I negotiated the costs for both of them at the time of sale to about 40-45% off the original offer. I have not had either bike in for anything but Recall's as far as manufacturing but both paid for themselves already. Hit a pallet that came off a truck on the interstate on the 14, got new wheel, tire, and bearings. Traded it with 14,000 miles no other issues. the 17 caught a bridge connection after milling, got new wheel and tire. No warranty service knock on wood, 4500 miles.

Mine came with 2 year warranty and everyone I spoke with told me they got theirs with 2 years also.....so I think that started from '14 and up....

I think the 2 Year warranty goes back farther than that. My ‘08 Electra Glide Standard and my Dad’s ‘06 Electra Glide Ultra Classic both came with a 2 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith