Thundermax Wave Tune

SteelTrap

Jul 23, 2015
I have purchased this ECM and from what I am understanding this will ALWAYS auto tune the bike... you put in what the bike has in it and it does its thing.

I a few questions/concerns though. I have a builder that has been tuning motors for years. He is worried that if he dynos the bike and tunes it the auto tuner built into this system will end up taking over and I would probably be wasting his time and my money by having him tune it on a dyno. He has said that he has tuned bikes for people with this ECM and it's great for about a month... then after that, he has re-dyno'ed the bike it and it has lost in hp and tq because the "wave tune" had adjusted his mapping.

My understanding is that the "mapping" is just a base tune... the ECM then adjusts for things like temp, altitude, fuel to air depending on outside conditions.

Can someone help me understand what this is supposed to do and whether or not I am understanding it correctly?!

HE told me he prefers the Powervision over the Thundermax....

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a Thunder Max tuner for my bike and have never had it on a Dyno. I would probably call Thunder Max and talk to their tech people to see what they say. I personally am happy with the way the bike runs and the reduction in heat.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe that the Thunder Max tuner is more dynamic and in that respect a better match for what ever variables ( weather, air temp, humidity, etc. )mother nature throws at you while riding. Just my 2 cents worth.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thunder max has 2 ecm's.the regular ecm you would need to get the bike dyno'd,the ecm with auto tune should not be dyno'd because it doesnt have fixed perameters(its constantly changing automatically to run the optimal fuel/air mix all the time).if you got the ecm with auto tune no need to dyno

Thunder max has 2 ecm's.the regular ecm you would need to get the bike dyno'd,the ecm with auto tune should not be dyno'd because it doesnt have fixed perameters(its constantly changing automatically to run the optimal fuel/air mix all the time).if you got the ecm with auto tune no need to dyno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469