Tire Pressure

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
A friendly reminder to check them. I thought my near new SGS would have the correct tire pressures but just goofing off today I found my front at 25psi and the rear at 31psi.:confused:

I'll check mine when I get it back from the 1000 mile service tomorrow. They better be good.

Ok I'll ask what pressures do you run?? This should get some opinions thrown out there.
Have found in the past that everybody runs different pressures and for different reasons but what really works the best.

I'll check mine when I get it back from the 1000 mile service tomorrow. They better be good.

Getting mine back today. Factory parts being put on and your right hulkss they better be good

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm running 42 front and 40 rear.
skid_mark_clip_art_23066.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I mean salesman and shop boss both stated 40/40 to remember then 40 front and 38 rear. I'm so confused lol

Factory recommended cold inflation pressure is 36 front, 40 rear. For solo riding 36 rear is ok (from the Police Bike service manual). I ride solo and run 38 - 38. The recommended pressures should be considered a minimum.

My rear tire is cupping at 4000 miles. Bad enough that it sounds like bad wheel bearings when leaning heavy. I called the dealer, they said they are having issues with the Dunlops cupping on the rear and recommended to change to a different brand of tire. They will not warranty the tire and suggested getting in touch with Dunlop. I was maintaining 36 front and 40 rear. I have now upped the rear tire to 46 psi on the rear and 38 front.

Front tire says 41 full load. That's what I run. Rear tire says 42 full load. Again, that's what I run. This is also what the dealer sets them at. Just had my 5k done a week or 2 ago.

Yes, wife likes to ride. Recently installed a michelin on rear. Had to replace Dunlop due to excessive cupping.

Pressure check

Pressure check

I now check my tires every two weeks and for those of you running air shocks, they are notorious for leaking. Check them often and be careful airing them up-they don't take very much air to adjust.

Factory recommended cold inflation pressure is 36 front, 40 rear. For solo riding 36 rear is ok (from the Police Bike service manual). I ride solo and run 38 - 38. The recommended pressures should be considered a minimum.

With all these cupping reports I guess I go up to 40 & 40 psi running solo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469