Tire Pressures

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
Just a reminder to check those tire pressures often. Yesterday on the interstate I detected a slight wobble in the handlebars. Remembering the death wobble I experienced one time it turned out (again) to be low tire pressure. My air pressure tank gave up the ghost back in June and I've put off replacing it until today. While looking at the new ones I came across this little number with much curiosity. Since I'm not a skilled wrencher, I didn't have a huge demand for my old air tank model so I bought this with the knowledge I could return it if I didn't like it. I did like it! It has built in AC and DC connections, Internal hose and locking chuck plus preselectable pressure amounts and inflation accessories for other items like rafts, balls etc. It's portable and doesn't take up too much room. I've only had it for 2 hours and have already adjusted pressure in 8 auto tires, 4 bicycle tires, my Street Glide and a basketball! lol. If you also need a small light usage unit, I got this at Home Depot, $50 . . . just sayin!:cool:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Air.JPG
    Air.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 0
Nice Mojo compact and gets the job done. Checked my tires after the bike sat for a week after returning from Sturgis and they both needed a few pounds added.

what are the dimensions on this
is this small enough to carry in the saddle bag for an in case you need it when traveling
thanks for the heads up on this
mule

what are the dimensions on this
is this small enough to carry in the saddle bag for an in case you need it when traveling
thanks for the heads up on this
mule

'11 long, '5 wide, '8 high (incl/handle). Guessing 2-3 lbs.
You can preset a specific tire pressure, lock on the chuck and it will auto shut off when selected pressure is reached. Display is back lit for night usage. Everything stores inside the end caps (DC & AC110).

Not as fancy as Mojo's rig but plenty handy and very portable and effective is a good quality bicycle tire pump that lays quietly in the bottom indentation of the saddlebag. Look for one with a larger diameter cylinder for faster inflation and a fold away flexible hose. Some are available with gauge. Prices range from around $12 to over $50 but a good can be found for $20 or so if you shop around.

image.jpeg

Good info Mo, I gotta say I really like the TPS on the CVO. Its nice to take a peak while riding. thinking the small Bi-pump is not a bad idea either. I have a tire patch kit with CO2 for the emergency.

I saw this on tv, air-dragon-1024x768(1).jpg, the Air Dragon $20. I haven't purchased it yet so I can't give a review but looks convenient to keep in the saddle bag.

Last edited:
Might need to get some 90 degree valve stems otherwise might be a pain to work between rotors, saddle bags, and sprockets to access the stock valve stems

This is not totally off topic so I thought I might ask your opinions here.

Is the recommended tire pressure in the manual cold or hot and when do you check your pressure?
After a short ride or before you go?

Only reason I think about this is that my truck tire pressure can fluctuate 10 psi easily between sitting cold and on the highway in a short time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77