Tire wear

RWOMBLE

Aug 25, 2015
www.facebook.com
Going to be getting a new set of tires soon. Running stock Harley tires right now and have over 15,000 miles on the stock set. What is a good replacement set looking for the most miles out of a set of tires. Live in SoCal so don't have to worry about rain much lol.

Metzler 880...best tires I've had on my scooter yet. Awesome ride, great traction, and I know it doesn't matter, but great in the rain too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got 20k on my oem's and I plan on replacing them with the same....and I've still got lots of tread left.

15K on my set, parked next to a 2015 bike and there was very little perceptible wear on mine when comparing. When I do change-I'll stick with the OEM Dunlops, they're working just fine!

Got 13,900 out of my first set hoping for more out of the stock replacements. Lot's of highway riding not sure but this could be the problem with the early run out.

I got 13,000 out of the rear tire & 22,000 out of the front, very happy with the mileage myself. On my old 88 FXST-C Softail I only got around 5,000 on the rear & 10,000 on the front, so this is a great improvement to me.

I got close to 20k on my stock Dunlops but the rear was too slippery for me. I just replaced it with the Metzeler ME888. Rear haven't slipped on me yet in dry or wet conditions like the stock tires did. I have to get back to you on how long they will last.

I can't speak from experience but I have read elsewhere that the Dunlop American Elites are suppose to be pretty good - as in comparable to or better than stock (w.r.t. mileage etc.).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave