To put on Stage 3 or not

TommyBigRig

Sep 21, 2017
Hello I am looking to install the stage 3kit on my 2017 CVO Street Glide I hear some people say it is not worth the money ours say it the best thing. What dose everyone on here think:confused::confused::confused:

I agree, if you're not doing it under warranty, go after market. If you go with the bigger bore kit, you'll be up to 124".

IMO, there are other engine tricks to make your bike comparable to the 117 kit for less money. If you look up the dyno charts for the 117ci engine, you will see that they don't make a whole helluva lot of power for the money spent. My brother also has a 2017 CVO SG with a stage 2 kit. He still does not come close to running with my 2015 SGS with a 107ci motor. If I had a 2017 CVO, I would contact Carrillo Pistons or the piston manufacturer of your choice and inquire about a set of domed Pistons, install those in the stock jugs, have the heads worked and install the appropriate cam for the manner in which you ride your bike. I am certain that you will outperform a 117ci motor by doing these few things.

Hello I am looking to install the stage 3kit on my 2017 CVO Street Glide I hear some people say it is not worth the money ours say it the best thing. What dose everyone on here think:confused::confused::confused:

been there done that stay away from screaming eagle stage kits , there cams have poor power curves ,it only pulls at high RPM , there lifters are cheap and those kits dont last long,
wait till your warranty is over , put after market stuff in there

get good builder to make great power

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
properMisfit