Top Dead Center

yegg

Sep 18, 2015
So it looks like I have a bad gasket or two on my front rocker box. Before I remove the rocker arm support plate I know I have to be at TDC. I watched several videos on this and all of them show that the rocker arms have "play" to them when they are at that position. Mine do not seem to be that way. Am I just not at TDC or is it possible that I not have rocker arm play?

Thanks.

tdc

tdc

So it looks like I have a bad gasket or two on my front rocker box. Before I remove the rocker arm support plate I know I have to be at TDC. I watched several videos on this and all of them show that the rocker arms have "play" to them when they are at that position. Mine do not seem to be that way. Am I just not at TDC or is it possible that I not have rocker arm play?

Thanks.

as long as both of the valves are closed, you can remove support plate release the bolts slowly a few turns each back and forth.There wont be any play as the lifters have taken up most of the lash. You should however be able to spin the pushrods with your fingers.

Thanks for the input. I did get it done when I was able to twist the push rods. I still didn’t really get any play in the rocker arms though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067