Tour pack lid organizer

bigsixman

Nov 1, 2015
I am purchasing a used 2013 tour pack off a street glide and was wondering what everyone is using for an organizer under the lid. I see the HD ones in the parts and accessories catalog and I was wondering if there are aftermarket ones with other features that members may like better.

I would appreciate your thoughts and experiences with TP organizers.

I am purchasing a used 2013 tour pack off a street glide and was wondering what everyone is using for an organizer under the lid. I see the HD ones in the parts and accessories catalog and I was wondering if there are aftermarket ones with other features that members may like better.

I would appreciate your thoughts and experiences with TP organizers.

I've used the Harley-branded ones in the past in both Tour Paks as well as on saddlebag lids and unfortunately, I didn't have a great experience. The tape used to hold them to the top of the lid holds pretty good for a while but with the added weight of what you carry in them, they do eventually start loosing their adhesiveness and start pulling away from lid.

While I'm not completely certain what all aftermarket options there are out there, I'd encourage you to look around and see if you can find some that install on the lid some other way than the tape to avoid this issue.

Hope this helps!

Lindsey :0)

I don't have one but wish I did. The fasteners used for the hinges and seat back scratched a helmet I had stored in my tour-pak so I took some silicone and covered the heads, a little too late I'm afraid. But I would agree with IronAces in that the adhesive used to mount them is not very good. I have saddlebag lid bras that use the same tape and when it gets hot, the glue begins to melt....

Thanks guys for your good help, I appreciate it.

Any other thoughts out there, I have all winter to make a decision.

I have the tour pak wall organizer...... not the lid one. It lasted almost a year before the glue let go and slid down the side.... making a sticky goo that sucked azz.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith