Tour pack wiring harness

evlink2006

May 4, 2014
www.cherryblossomstudios.com
Hope i put this in the right place.

I just solo mounted a 2009 king pack to my 2014 sgs. My question is where do i plug the harness for the lights in at and do i need to get a special adapter or anything. Pic would be very helpfull if you have some.

Also has anyone else done the solo mount and found a way to address the opening of the saddle bag lids?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I have a 2014 King Tour Pack with the detachable solo mount. No problems with the saddlebag lids. They open fine with just enough clearance.

I had to have my local dealer make a custom wiring harness for the LED brake/turn/tail lamp to plug in under the seat.

If you're having clearance problems I read somewhere that Harley sells a spacer kit for the chopped tour pak.

I have the 2014 king tour pack. I bought all the parts to custom make my wire harness for the lights from the Harley shop. I also put the speakers in for the wife so she can listen to the tunes to.
Hope i put this in the right place.

I just solo mounted a 2009 king pack to my 2014 sgs. My question is where do i plug the harness for the lights in at and do i need to get a special adapter or anything. Pic would be very helpfull if you have some.

Also has anyone else done the solo mount and found a way to address the opening of the saddle bag lids?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a 2014 King Tour Pack with the detachable solo mount. No problems with the saddlebag lids. They open fine with just enough clearance.

I had to have my local dealer make a custom wiring harness for the LED brake/turn/tail lamp to plug in under the seat.

I have the 2014 king tour pack. I bought all the parts to custom make my wire harness for the lights from the Harley shop. I also put the speakers in for the wife so she can listen to the tunes to.

Gentleman,

I just ordered my tourpak 2 weeks ago (and still waiting for it) and I was told by my dealer that there was not a way to wire up lights for the '14 SGS. Any insight you can give me on what's needed to complete myself? TIA

Gentleman,

I just ordered my tourpak 2 weeks ago (and still waiting for it) and I was told by my dealer that there was not a way to wire up lights for the '14 SGS. Any insight you can give me on what's needed to complete myself? TIA

I'll take a photo of the wiring connection. Watch this post.

Gentleman,

I'll get my parts guy at my HD shop to email me all the parts i used to make my harness. And i will take a picture of how i set it up in the morning.

That'd be awesome if you both did. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get my parts guy at my HD shop to email me all the parts i used to make my harness. And i will take a picture of how i set it up in the morning.

Gotta give props to this guy! Thanks Sday73 !

I'll take a photo of the wiring connection. Watch this post.

The cable with the shrink wrapped connections goes to the tourpak. I'm using lamp 67800368 (link to catalog)

OK, the photos are:
1 - What I found under the seat
2 - I pulled out the harnesses so you could see better what was done
3 - A close-up of the custom wiring

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

If you add up the cost of a detachable 4 point mount, mount covers, security locks, tour-pak mounting rack, color match tour-pak, back rest, rear lighting, custom wiring harness, liner, storage pockets, travel-pak, and top rack you could buy a brand new Japanese motorcycle and pay some body to follow you and haul your extra gear around.

Pretty much the same as mine Hulkss. My parts guy is on holidays so once he gets me my parts list i will add it here.
harness 1.jpgharness 2.jpgharness 3.jpg

The cable with the shrink wrapped connections goes to the tourpak. I'm using lamp 67800368 (link to catalog)

OK, the photos are:
1 - What I found under the seat
2 - I pulled out the harnesses so you could see better what was done
3 - A close-up of the custom wiring

View attachment 6559View attachment 6560View attachment 6561

If you add up the cost of a detachable 4 point mount, mount covers, security locks, tour-pak mounting rack, color match tour-pak, back rest, rear lighting, custom wiring harness, liner, storage pockets, travel-pak, and top rack you could buy a brand new Japanese motorcycle and pay some body to follow you and haul your extra gear around.

Thanks Hulkss for the pictures and information. I agree 100% on the cost and think HD should just cover this sh*t with gold for the price you pay for it.

Did you switch out the LED lamp or just purchase the one you have listed? I ask as the one you linked to doesn't seem to have any of the brackets and screws like 67932-11 does, but wasn't sure if it was due to them just not showing it in the picture.

Also, do you always keep your pak on or switch back and forth a lot? I wasn't sure how easy it'd be with unhooking the lighting all the time.

Sday73 - Thanks for your pictures also and look forward to hearing back from you after your parts guy is back from holiday.

Thanks Hulkss for the pictures and information. Did you switch out the LED lamp or just purchase the one you have listed? Also, do you always keep your pak on or switch back and forth a lot?

I mounted the lamp I listed onto a new 2014 paint matched tour-pak ordered from H-D. I have never removed the tour-pak, even though it is on the detachable mount. The way mine is wired I need to remove the seat to disconnect it. That's OK for me, I just leave it on all the time.

I have a friend who couldn't decide between an Ultra and SGS. He chose the ultra, bought a Streetglide seat and the quick disconnect for the Tour Pak. He's never yet removed the Tour Pak or Ultra seat ! ! !

My tour pak is not wired.. I have only removed it once... A little grudge race[emoji2]

I just put a king tour pack on my 09 Street Glide. I plugged it in under the seat. I have running lights and brake lights but no blinkers. I also, no longer have the bottom fender light. What do I need to do to make them work?

OK so I'm working on a 2015 RGS with the same issue. Would really love to see the parts list could you email that to me? I have the wire ends and connectors would also like to see your pictures in higher resolution. my email is ptsteve29@gmail.com When I plug my lamp into the rear light harness connector it doesn't light up. the light is good though, checked it on another bike.

Thanks

I guess I will have to make a custom harness. I have a 2015 the pak is from a 12 CVO has the flat 6 pin connector.

Which connectors do I need to get or even better if you bought a harness and modified it can somebody post part#'s

I guess I will have to make a custom harness. I have a 2015 the pak is from a 12 CVO has the flat 6 pin connector.

Which connectors do I need to get or even better if you bought a harness and modified it can somebody post part#'s

Revisited the HD shop today for some assistance on this. I didn't get far.

My situation: same as yours, I think.
1.) Pre-'14 Tour Pak with LED light kit - P/N 67853-10, 67914-10 - factory molex 8-pin connector to flat 6-pin AMP connector (actually only uses 3 pins).
2.) '15 StreetGlide Special - uses Deutsch-type connectors - not Molex or flat 6-pin AMP connectors.

So..... there isn't a plug to mate the two different types of connectors. ... that I know of.

What to do?
1.) So, it looks like I'll have to locate the run/stop/ground outputs on the bike (Tour Pak LED does not have turn signals), which looks to be easily found thanks to the pics you guys have posted.
2.) Then make a splice at the Bike's connector, as pictured, and wire the splice wires to a flat, 6-pin AMP-type connector to fit the Tour Pak light harness.. ..... .. or just lose the 6-pin AMP-type harness connector (only uses 3 pins) and put 3 simple insulated spade-type connectors in it's place.

Three wire splice, Black ground, blue brake and red/yellow tail..... should be easy. Lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave