Tour Pak

Hulkss, i bought HD king tour pak with a HD solo detachable mount. I bought the pak pinstriped, which is very sharp. It came with a grounding plate on the inside with four mounting bolts coming through the bottom. Problem is the bolts arent even close to matching up with the solo mount, and seem to be pressed in, cant remove easily. Question is, do they make a plate to for the bottom of pak to remove the ground plate (not planning on adding lights)and enable me to drill new holes to mount pak to mount. Any advice on this to save a few headaches would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

The bolts and holes should line up. Make sure you have 2014 or newer parts.

I just put on the king tour pack with the detachable hardware. 2014 with Harley pack I love it.... only thing is it rattles and is driving me crazy. All hardware is tight. Seems like the locks are where the rattle is coming from any ideas?

Tour Pak Backrest Question ?

Tour Pak Backrest Question ?

I'm have a '14 King Tour Pak on back order. Should ship this week.
I will only be using it for road trips and don't ever really expect needing the regular KTP backrest.

My question is:

Excepting mount hole line up, can the Chopped Tour Pak Backrest be made to fit on the King Tour Pak ?

I really just need the backrest to keep the paint from scratching when carry a 12-pack mini ice chest.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm have a '14 King Tour Pak on back order. Should ship this week.
I will only be using it for road trips and don't ever really expect needing the regular KTP backrest.

My question is:

Excepting mount hole line up, can the Chopped Tour Pak Backrest be made to fit on the King Tour Pak ?

I really just need the backrest to keep the paint from scratching when carry a 12-pack mini ice chest.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I know this is an OLD thread but I'm curious if you got the chopped tour-pak backrest to fit on your king. I'm in process of doing that now as I decided I needed more room for my 30 day ride coming up. No matter what I tried, I just could not find a beer cooler big enough to fit in my chopped so I found a descent aftermarket king for under $200. It's black but rather than paint it, I'm going to try some plastidip on it. Since my bike is sorta "black cherry", they have plastidip in black cherry and they also have a metal flake you can spray over it. I don't know if my old chopped lid will fit but since it already has a luggage rack and a lid organizer, I'll try to see if it will work. You never know with aftermarket bags....I found another member that had some king taillights for sale and just waiting for them to arrive and since it didn't come with a metal baseplate, found another member with one of those for sale. I'll try and remember to take pics but I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.....

Tour Pak

oneshot,
I just got my king tourpak last week from Jon at Hornytoad HD in TX. Color matched for $679. That's the best price I found. (You'll need a mount also and that's extra). He's a member on this forum and a good guy to deal with. It took about 4 weeks to get it. I think chopped does look better on, but I ended up going with the King because I was looking for space and I'll use it for road trips only. When the snow flies I'll powder coat the latches and mount.
View attachment 7510

Just got mine installed from Horny Toad Harley in Texas. Also got the wiring tapped in for the LED tail lights, side marker lights and power locks. Looks pretty OEM I think. 58575363248__428A4DE8-88BE-4761-9828-B438FF332541.jpg58574822275__B3DAFB40-4DB9-4D15-8758-EB2E1B229E36.jpgIMG_2966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave