Trade Up Question

Jack Wagon

Aug 14, 2015
Hey everyone. I currently have a 15 SGS in Denim Black. The boss has given me permission to trade up to a 19 model if I want to. Here is my dilema....

I really like the 15 and it'll be paid for in a year or so. I do wish i gave other colors a shot when buying it. i have been wanting to do a stage 1 or 2 on it, but have not yet.

now... the 19 SGS/RGS comes with the 114 which would offer more hp/tq over the 103ho. Plus I could get something with a little color to it.

My actual question is.... Would you trade up to the 19 SGS w/ new color and 114 or stick with current 15 SGS, denim black, stock 103 until stage 1/2 come along?

Is it worth the upgrade... stock for stock?

Do a test ride and see if you feel like making more payments on the newer bike. I have a 19 and pulls great, can not answer on the 15 though.

Even thought the engine has changed, For me there simply was NOT enough changes to incur the extra debt. The "new" Boombox isn't that different and STILL doesn't offer the most important option for me: Traffic. Sure you can do Car Play but I am told it only works IF you purchase the HD headset. How dumb is that? My Accord Car Play works just by simply connecting my smartphone. I have the 17 with Stage l & ll. It's just fine for now until HD makes some compelling changes. BTW, the 2019's went up about $3,500 in MSRP . . . what a dumb move and it shows with their sales #'s. If you're bent on a 2019-wait till July/August. They will have plenty to unload at much better prices, like $1,000's in savings.

I myself have too much into my bike to think about it. I think you have to see what you can get for your bike and what you would pay for the new one. if say it's a 10k difference, think of what the money would do to your savings or your current bike. New paint and engine upgrade? or half to savings and have to the bike... I don't see the radio and engine changes to be enough myself, but I don't judge. The payment money could pay for good times on the current bike! Pay it off and ride without the payment and see how that feels, then choose.

Very good points. I'm leaning towards keeping the 15.. just makes financial sense... But hey.. Who wouldn't like a new bike.. right?

Very good points. I'm leaning towards keeping the 15.. just makes financial sense... But hey.. Who wouldn't like a new bike.. right?

Good call. If you have it the way you want it and still smile when in the saddle says a lot. Ride safe

I'll throw gas on the fire.........get yourself a new bike, you probably work hard and deserve it.
The 114 is nice and you can make power if you want.

As far as color, have you thought about doing a wrap? Can do some amazing colors on cars, don’t see why you couldn’t the same on a bike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave