Travel Advice & Tips

So, I threw down over 400 miles on my 2014 SG yesterday. The outer seem of my under wear was cutting in to my butt, it about got miserable. What sort of product is out there in the form of riding shorts??

So, I threw down over 400 miles on my 2014 SG yesterday. The outer seem of my under wear was cutting in to my butt, it about got miserable. What sort of product is out there in the form of riding shorts??
Commando!!!! :D

Wearing jeans its thick seam down and through the crotch area that's my nemesis. How about starting a new trend, black sweat pants and sandals.
Few years back when flowered shirts were trendy I used to throw one on over my T-shirt and let it blow in the wind Jesse James style. Guess I made my statement. Obviously that never caught on. Everyone went to Dickies work duds. Go figure!

I don't wear sweat pants do I do wear my "Jesus"sandals around town (as my son calls them)..
Blues, I think you should bring those flowered shirts back, and maybe some puka shells.. ha
Reminds me of the old college days at the Disco bars.

I always carry some talcum powder when I take long trips. Plus, I had perforated leather inserts added to my stock seat. That helps a lot!
SeatA1.JPG

This is my first post and I am a recent convert to HD's from street bikes so all the creature comforts are new to me, and it's nice.... I love my highway pegs, at 6,2 265 to stretch out on a long haul is priceless. Second only to the pegs is the saddlebag cooler.(Show Chrome King Kooler for Hard Saddlebags HDKC
4.8 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews) got it on Amazon worth every penny. As for travel tips I live in Staten Island NY so my only tip is to get the hell out of the city when you can. Head up, rubber side down and enjoy.

Thanks, some good advice and some entertaining characters on here.

This is my first post and I am a recent convert to HD's from street bikes so all the creature comforts are new to me, and it's nice.... I love my highway pegs, at 6,2 265 to stretch out on a long haul is priceless. Second only to the pegs is the saddlebag cooler.(Show Chrome King Kooler for Hard Saddlebags HDKC
4.8 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews) got it on Amazon worth every penny. As for travel tips I live in Staten Island NY so my only tip is to get the hell out of the city when you can. Head up, rubber side down and enjoy.

I got the same thing and am sending it back. It leaks like a sieve...its supposed to be waterproof and every time I use it, my saddlebag is full of melted ice. I even put the ice in baggies and the condensation still leaked out....

After having taken a number of long trips, one that was 7600 miles I can't recommend enough the adjustable riders backrest. I finally broke down and bought one after trying to snag a used one with no luck. I was on a trip visiting my brother, ordered one so that it would show up at his house and I'd have it for my ride home, about 1400 miles. Well the ride home didn't go as planned thanks to some nasty storms, and the last day I made the decision to try going all the way home to beat another storm, 890 miles. I never would have made it without the backrest, it makes a world of difference in comfort so if you're on the fence about buying one I say get it, it was worth every penny.

Monkey Butt? I hear that does a nice job with sweat issues too.

I second the Anti Monkey Butt powder. In Sturgis I had to go the commando route though with just the powder as the heat had my boys dropped precariously low and I pretty much sat on them till I could ditch my drawers. :)

Monkey Butt here as well. In a pinch you can use Johnson"s baby powder

I just got back from Namibia which is also my 50th country! Granted, it was for work, but it still feels awesome to get to that milestone. When I was a kid, I pretty much just wanted to travel the world, so I consider myself very fortunate to be able to see so much.

Hi all, was wondering if anyone has travelled to Mexico on their bike? I am planning a trip to go to Cabo San Lucas. Has anyone made that journey on their bike?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77