Trimmed windshield

17Blackglide

May 23, 2017
I recently put a medium Clearview light tint windshield on and it was exactly the wrong size. I looked right at the top edge, not over it or below it. The real problem was at night, I could not see through it. I got it trimmed today at a glass shop. They did a great job for $35. The hardest part was getting the radius drawn, but a lady there had the idea to trace the windshield and make a template and move it down from the top and find the center and edges. It turned out great. I lost the recurve part, but I figured I would try it out, cheaper than another $135. Too cold to try it now.

I would trim off the bottom and drill new mounting holes for $0.00.
Getting rid of the re-curve is a deal killer for me.

I would trim off the bottom and drill new mounting holes for $0.00.
Getting rid of the re-curve is a deal killer for me.

Oh well too late for that. At least I will be able to see at night. If it buffets at all I will get a taller shield. I just cut off 1.5”. Got to better than stock shield.

I got a chance to ride the cut shield. It did great and maybe even better than before. Final cut is 8.25”.

I did exactly that. As long as there's no curve on the top. Just put blue painters tape front and back for a few inches from th top down. Then trace your line. I don't remember if I used a sawzall or dremel. Then sand the cut afterwards.

This was on an old bike of mine, not my clearview I have now. Good size and has the recurve on the top anyway.

Old Mike has the right idea. Cut the bottom and drill new holes. Took me less than an hour. Cut my 10" down to 9" and kept the fancy curve at the top of the shield. Big improvement unless you buy a 9" to begin with....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77