Trip To Joshua Tree in Cali

T Jay

Apr 12, 2015
Hey All,

I'm taking a trip to the desert in a couple weeks with some friends for a buddies 40th. I managed to get a reservation for an Indian Roadmaster for 2 days out of Palm Springs Eaglerider while we are out there. I was planning on taking a ride out to Slab City and Salvation Mountain, but was wondering if there were any other places in the region that just should not be missed. If you've got suggestions, I would love to hear about em.

If you must know, the Indian was about $50 off for the 2 days, an offer I couldn't refuse. I also wanted to see how some on the other side live. I still love my Street Glide to death.

Thanks,
T

Pioneertown is always a cool place to stop in for a meal.......if you're there on a weekend try to book a room at the hotel as they have live music on the weekends!!, one of the unique places to see in the Joshua Tree area :D
Hey All,

I'm taking a trip to the desert in a couple weeks with some friends for a buddies 40th. I managed to get a reservation for an Indian Roadmaster for 2 days out of Palm Springs Eaglerider while we are out there. I was planning on taking a ride out to Slab City and Salvation Mountain, but was wondering if there were any other places in the region that just should not be missed. If you've got suggestions, I would love to hear about em.

If you must know, the Indian was about $50 off for the 2 days, an offer I couldn't refuse. I also wanted to see how some on the other side live. I still love my Street Glide to death.

Thanks,
T

Oh yes, the infamous Pappy and Harriets. Killer chili fries and plenty of tequila. And live music. My kind of place. Thanks for the reminder.

That's got me to thinking....don't mean to steal your thread T Jay, but I meet with some riding friends every Saturday morning at Star Bucks in Seal Beach and if the weather's nice we may plan a trip for the day and I would like to take a ride out to Joshua Tree....haven't been there since I was a kid...its only about 2.5 hours via interstate and plan on coming back thru Lucerne Valley, Big Bear via Ca 18. That may necessitate an overnight though. If anyone from the local area are interested, let me know.

Aviator, you take this thread and do with it what you like. I'd be just as happy if this served as some inspiration for a kick ass ride. If I were lucky enough to live out there somewhere between LA and Sandy Eggo you better believe I would be down for that ride. Sadly I'm here on the cold coast and have to plan my rides around the winter madness. If you do make it out there though, I highly suggest Pappy and Harriets for some killer food.

Two weeks till my trip and getting more excited by the day. Other points of interest we'll be riding to will include a trip out to Salvation Mountain and Slab City. Oh, and apparently the largest Banana Museum in the world, so that's something. Still looking for any hidden gems out there if anybody knows anything. The weirder the better.

Aviator, you take this thread and do with it what you like. I'd be just as happy if this served as some inspiration for a kick ass ride. If I were lucky enough to live out there somewhere between LA and Sandy Eggo you better believe I would be down for that ride. Sadly I'm here on the cold coast and have to plan my rides around the winter madness. If you do make it out there though, I highly suggest Pappy and Harriets for some killer food.

Two weeks till my trip and getting more excited by the day. Other points of interest we'll be riding to will include a trip out to Salvation Mountain and Slab City. Oh, and apparently the largest Banana Museum in the world, so that's something. Still looking for any hidden gems out there if anybody knows anything. The weirder the better.

Let me know what day you plan on being there and if my schedules open, I'll buy you a beer at Pappy and Harriets....

Let me know what day you plan on being there and if my schedules open, I'll buy you a beer at Pappy and Harriets....

Aviator, I must say I certainly appreciate the offer. We'll be staying in Pioneertown From March 6th through the 10th, but unfortunately I won't be able to coordinate anything, I'll be off the grid. For my job, I'm constantly connected to my phone, computer, emails, schedules, all that stuff. So, a couple years ago I started to completely disconnect on vacation. No phone, computer, TV....none of it. It's strange for a day, but really amazing living without that stuff for some time.

Chances are, we'll have most dinners at Pappy's, so maybe we'll cross paths. If not, try to enjoy yourself without me... Won't be hard, I'm sure.

Aviator, I must say I certainly appreciate the offer. We'll be staying in Pioneertown From March 6th through the 10th, but unfortunately I won't be able to coordinate anything, I'll be off the grid. For my job, I'm constantly connected to my phone, computer, emails, schedules, all that stuff. So, a couple years ago I started to completely disconnect on vacation. No phone, computer, TV....none of it. It's strange for a day, but really amazing living without that stuff for some time.

Chances are, we'll have most dinners at Pappy's, so maybe we'll cross paths. If not, try to enjoy yourself without me... Won't be hard, I'm sure.

No worries, I'm actually riding up Thursday, 25th and meeting my wife and one of my grandsons and some of his friends up there. Figure we'll stop at Pappy and Harriet's (they're closed Tue and Wed's) for lunch and a beer, then hike in the JT National Park for the rest of the day...enjoy your trip and ride safe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469