Truck lite phase 7

katomedic

Mar 24, 2013
Just installed this on my '13 street glide and now half the radio stations I usually listen to are covered with static. I checked all the connections to the antenna and they all seem fine. Has anyone else had this interference problem with truck lite or any other LED headlight?

***UPDATE***

Ok. To give a little further information, I also have Custom Dynamics LED signals all the way around, Custom Dynamics signal stabilizer, and an Antenna Concepts powered hidden antenna.

After the first post the other day, I did some more trouble shooting on the bike. I was able to narrow it down to the LED Headlight and LED signals interfering with the amplifier on the antenna. I also plugged in a non-powered hidden antenna that I had laying around and anytime that antenna got close to the wires of the headlight or you turned the signals on, it interfered.

I emailed all 3 manufacturers and believe it or not I got responses from all of them.

Antenna Concepts are blaming the LED's for being "Made in China poorly engineered designs (not too sure i disagree with them.)" Didn't get much help from them.

Truck Lite stated they have had a similar complaint from another customer and that he put RFI Filters on the high beam, low beam, and negative circuits and that this fixed the problem.

The Custom Dynamics signal stablizer came with 2 RFI filters on the positive and negative wires that connected to the battery. They said to take the one off the positive cable and place it on the antenna wire in the faring. I placed it on the power wire going into the amplifier without any change. I then placed it on one of the 2 antenna wires coming out of the amplifier going to the longer antenna wires that are attached on the inside of the outer faring. I did notice a little difference...I think.

Getting ready to go on vacation for the rest of the week. When I get back I plan on getting a few more RFI filters and playing around with them some more...will update again next week.

Placed a total of 6 RFI filters on the headlight wires, and wires with the antenna. No Luck. Back to square 1.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469