Tuner For Stage 1

janderson096

Apr 20, 2020
I have read a million posts and opinions of stage one kits and add-ons and parts. I know I would like the Ventilator Air intake, I am getting the TAB Performance Zombie baffle Slip-ons and I am going with the Fullsac headers (mainly because my local dealer said they are getting better performance out of them compared to the V&H Power Duals). The dealer told me the only way to keep any warranty is to go with the SE Pro Street Tuner with the Auto Tune module because of the wide band O2 sensors. If i can keep my warranty I would like to however does ANYONE have a setup comparable to this running this tuner? Will it do the job or should i just throw slip-ons on and run it for two years then put a TTS tuner with the other stuff on when the warranty is already gone? I haven't had to do any of this for almost 6 years as my 14 had the SE race tuner with the full set up on it and that tuner worked like a champ on that 103. If any dealers are in here as well I would value your opinion as well. Thank you Everyone.

I have read a million posts and opinions of stage one kits and add-ons and parts. I know I would like the Ventilator Air intake, I am getting the TAB Performance Zombie baffle Slip-ons and I am going with the Fullsac headers (mainly because my local dealer said they are getting better performance out of them compared to the V&H Power Duals). The dealer told me the only way to keep any warranty is to go with the SE Pro Street Tuner with the Auto Tune module because of the wide band O2 sensors. If i can keep my warranty I would like to however does ANYONE have a setup comparable to this running this tuner? Will it do the job or should i just throw slip-ons on and run it for two years then put a TTS tuner with the other stuff on when the warranty is already gone? I haven't had to do any of this for almost 6 years as my 14 had the SE race tuner with the full set up on it and that tuner worked like a champ on that 103. If any dealers are in here as well I would value your opinion as well. Thank you Everyone.

I have the SE Pro Street Tuner with the Auto Tune Pro wide band module. It works great.

The PowerVision tuner now also works with the Auto Tune Pro wide band module, (I purchased a new PV tune license for my new bike and received a tune file from Fuel Moto). You can do this when your warranty is over if you want to go further with modifying your bike.

BTW, if you put a non-EPA (CARB) certified exhaust on your bike the warranty is gone. Your bike must be EPA legal to have a powertrain warranty.

I know it says that on the warranty page and I have read that on all kinds of forum posts. My dealer keeps telling me they will keep honoring my warranty as long as I only use the SE Pro street tuner. Any other tuner and the warranty is gone. I have asked them about the head pipe and they tell me unless they (I am guessing the dealer) can prove it was the head pipes that caused whatever to break that they will stand behind me warranty as long as they install and tune everything.

That may be possible for them to do by managing information as needed.

The only thing they can't work around is the tuner used on the ECM. When the H-D Digital Tech is plugged into a bike it checks the tuning and automatically voids the warranty if in violation.

Keep in mind, your situation may change if you have issues on the road and are forced to seek service at another dealer.

That may be possible for them to do by managing information as needed.

The only thing they can't work around is the tuner used on the ECM. When the H-D Digital Tech is plugged into a bike it checks the tuning and automatically voids the warranty if in violation.

Keep in mind, your situation may change if you have issues on the road and are forced to seek service at another dealer.

So question for you then is do you think the power gained with just the slip on mufflers and the ventilator air cleaner is worth the money since I would have to buy a tuner for just that or would I be ahead to just throw some slip on mufflers on and ride it until the warranty drops then go all out? I didn't know how much more power you actually felt with just slip ons, air cleaner, and tuner.

Stage I on an M8 gets you a louder bike and that's about it. Stage II is huge and gives most people all they can use.

You could get the H-D high flow exhaust with dual cats in the mufflers, the 447 torque cam, and the H-D tuner and wideband Smart Tune Pro module. Totally warranty legal with great performance.

Here's what that did on my bike (there is a cat in each of my CARB legal S&S Mufflers):

FLHCS Dyno Run.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dual Bag